Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bitch chihuahua has jus done it with another male chihuahua im wondering if she is defo going to be pregnant? the locked together for about 10 mins but prior to this he was trying to get it in for ages and kept doing her back will he have used all up is sperm? how long does it take him to re-fill?

thanks

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Have you researched breeding? It's not an easy job you know and you need to really research first. Chi pregnancy and birth is full of pitfalls. I'll leave it to an experienced breeder to help you out.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Since this is your first post on the site, I wanted to say hello~ and ask if you would introduce yourself and your chi and perhaps provide a little information about her. I think this would be helpful to get to know each other. The folks here are all very devoted chi lovers, mostly pet chis who are our family members, but with a few ladies who show professionally and a very few who are chihuahua breeders.

To undertake "breeding" of the smallest of all dog breeds is very serious and requires a tremendous amount of education prior to the process. It can be quite dangerous and even life threatening to the female. There are also many genetic problems which must be investigated in the female and the male to prevent passing on numerous health issues to future pups.

You may be addressing an accidental breeding, but the limited information given indicates perhaps you are attempting an intentional mating of your little girl.. If so, I urge you to read all of the detailed posts on our forum that address the importance of health testing, proper diet and conditioning, breed standards, etc. when considering whether or not to breed.

It is not my intention to avoid answering your original questions, but I wanted to let you know that we are a community of chihuahua people who are so committed to these little guys that sometimes others may not understand how "protective" we can be about them. Many here are involved in chi rescue of abandoned and unwanted pups which is often the result of breeding without the benefit of the education and health testing that we encourage and support.

Again, hello and welcome to the group.. Please tell us about your little girl and post pics.. as we all love chi pics.. I personally share my home and life with 9 wonderful chis and have adored the breed for 20 years. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I too look forward to know a little more about your girl.

Very well put Deb. Thank you for jumping in.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Since this is your first post on the site, I wanted to say hello~ and ask if you would introduce yourself and your chi and perhaps provide a little information about her. I think this would be helpful to get to know each other. The folks here are all very devoted chi lovers, mostly pet chis who are our family members, but with a few ladies who show professionally and a very few who are chihuahua breeders.

To undertake "breeding" of the smallest of all dog breeds is very serious and requires a tremendous amount of education prior to the process. It can be quite dangerous and even life threatening to the female. There are also many genetic problems which must be investigated in the female and the male to prevent passing on numerous health issues to future pups.

You may be addressing an accidental breeding, but the limited information given indicates perhaps you are attempting an intentional mating of your little girl.. If so, I urge you to read all of the detailed posts on our forum that address the importance of health testing, proper diet and conditioning, breed standards, etc. when considering whether or not to breed.

It is not my intention to avoid answering your original questions, but I wanted to let you know that we are a community of chihuahua people who are so committed to these little guys that sometimes others may not understand how "protective" we can be about them. Many here are involved in chi rescue of abandoned and unwanted pups which is often the result of breeding without the benefit of the education and health testing that we encourage and support.

Again, hello and welcome to the group.. Please tell us about your little girl and post pics.. as we all love chi pics.. I personally share my home and life with 9 wonderful chis and have adored the breed for 20 years. Blessings, Deb

Very well said Deb, I agree completely :)

Welcome to the board and please do introduce yourself in the Newbie area ;-)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Thanks Deb, a wonderful informative post.

Please do introduce yourself, and we'll take it one step at a time.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I personally think if you cant spell breeding you shouldnt be doing it :)

Jenna
That wasn't necessary, Jenna.

This person came here to learn and while it's clear from their first post that they're inexperienced and may not be apt to breed - they came here to be informed.

Rude comments like this wont do anything but scare them off and if they're as inept to breed as it appears, well it wont make for a very good puppy life now will it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree my post was rude and I apologize to the OP.

I hope my comment does not scare the OP away and that was not my intention as this is a wonderful forum.

I would love to see pics of your chihuahua as well and again I apologize for my unhelpful and rude comment.

Jenna

Amandarose531 Quote:
Originally Posted by 4syth
I personally think if you cant spell breeding you shouldnt be doing it

Jenna

That wasn't necessary, Jenna.

This person came here to learn and while it's clear from their first post that they're inexperienced and may not be apt to breed - they came here to be informed.

Rude comments like this wont do anything but scare them off and if they're as inept to breed as it appears, well it wont make for a very good puppy life now will it.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
my bitch chihuahua has jus done it with another male chihuahua im wondering if she is defo going to be pregnant? the locked together for about 10 mins but prior to this he was trying to get it in for ages and kept doing her back will he have used all up is sperm? how long does it take him to re-fill?

thanks
This is spring break for alot of the kiddos out there. :)

Having said that, I agree that Deb's post was super nice and helpful!! Good job Deb.

To try and answer your question.... yes, a pregnancy is possible after a tie. If you don't separate them, he will likely mount and tie with her several times over the next few days until she's no longer receptive. Count forward 63 days from the first tie to get an estimate on when pups will be due.

I urge you to learn as much as possible as you can about taking care of a pregnant bitch and the prenatal vet care she will require.

There are some very strong opinions here on breeding, which is typical of most message boards. If you google "dog breeding" you should be able to find a lot of information.

·
Premium Member
5,271 Posts

VERY well-said!!! :hello1:
parts of your post should be cut and pasted in EVERY new participants first post..... we love our little ones!

BTW, welcome to the forum and hope to see lots and lots of pics of your little ones...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Wow, what a nice welcome Deb. So glad to see this intead of what used to go on. I saw the word 'breeding' and cringed, but your welcome was spot on.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you post pics and stay to learn as much as you can.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Wow, what a nice welcome Deb. So glad to see this intead of what used to go on. I saw the word 'breeding' and cringed, but your welcome was spot on.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you post pics and stay to learn as much as you can.

I completely agree. I saw the title and cringed as well. So glad to see that the forum is back on the welcoming track.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
We do have to keep in mind here that there are members here from all over the world so there can be a language barrier and some may not speak/write english very well ;-)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts