Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey :wave:
I need some advise on my chihuahua's breath, It really stinks lol! His on dry food (Royal Canine). Does anyone else have the same prob with there chi's and have advice on this issue. His 6 months old, does anyone recommend teeth brushing? :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Start brushing as young as possible and brush as often as possible. Tooth decay can cause major, life threatening problems involving the heart and other vital organs. And the bonus is that your chi will have sweeter breath. :lol:
ITA!! I brush Chico's teeth 2-3 times a week. Sometimes dogs can be fussy when you try to brush their teeth, but eventually they'll get used to it.

Also, there are these really great treats made by a company called Cloud Star. They make these treats called "Buddy Biscuits" and one of the flavors is Minty Madness and they help with bad doggy breath. here's the link if you want to check them out. Chico loves them. :)

https://www9.mailordercentral.com/cloudstar/prodinfo.asp?number=W121&variation=&aitem=1&mitem=11

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Eko said:
hey :wave:
I need some advise on my chihuahua's breath, It really stinks lol! His on dry food (Royal Canine). Does anyone else have the same prob with there chi's and have advice on this issue. His 6 months old, does anyone recommend teeth brushing? :D
I seem to remember a thread on here a while back discussing bad breath and dog food, and I think one of the foods mentioned as possibly causing bad breath was Royal Canin. Does the food have garlic listed as one of the ingredients? I use Royal Canin dry also, but I never notice bad breath with Jazzy.

Brushing is excellent though, and the younger you can start the better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks for the advice, Im not sure about the garlic in the food but I don't think there is (i'll check and get back to you about it)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts