Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Something leads me to believe this article should read, child causes freak fire by leaving phone in dogs reach.

At least how that's how it was in my house growing up, if you leave it down and the dog eats it your loss, it's unfortunate it ended that way.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking the same thing.
we keep everything that we don't want chewing out of our pack's reach.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Silly thing leaving it on the floor, even our phones get charged in the hall so the dogs can't munch the chargers lol

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
why would you leave your phoe where a dog could get it?!!! never said if the dog was hurt though ...im hoping its wasnt. x

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never said if the dog was hurt though ...im hoping its wasnt. x
i'm assuming Lily is ok because is says at the bottom:-

"And if the dog had been in the home alone when this happened, she could have been seriously hurt as well as the potential of causing a serious fire."

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Well I have to chime in here..first of all the child was only 9 so most are not super responsible at that young age. Secondly how totally idiotic to give a 9 yr old a phone in the first place.
I don't see how saliva could react and cause a fire. That sounds like a pretty big pill to swallow. I think the battery itself may have had an issue. But..who knows!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Cute little Chi! Glad every one is ok! That is scary. Thankfully my girls don't chew ANYTHING but their toys and treats so I can leave my cell phone on the couch or whatever! If the dog chews I guess they have to be more careful but accidents do happen. Just glad all is well. That had to scary the crap out of the dog I'm sure LOL

Sherri I know I don't think a certain age really needs a phone, what's the point? When they are a bit older ok fine but still 9 is way too young! and SIX??? Holy no!!! lol

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Cute little Chi! Glad every one is ok! That is scary. Thankfully my girls don't chew ANYTHING but their toys and treats so I can leave my cell phone on the couch or whatever! If the dog chews I guess they have to be more careful but accidents do happen. Just glad all is well. That had to scary the crap out of the dog I'm sure LOL

Sherri I know I don't think a certain age really needs a phone, what's the point? When they are a bit older ok fine but still 9 is way too young! and SIX??? Holy no!!! lol
Leila doesn't bother anything other than "her" stuff. Neither do my other dogs. Although the other day she got a stuffed dolphin out of my sons bed and brought it out to snuggle , we put it back and she got it again later, but hasn't since. She has a thing for dolphins i guess ;) lol

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
They get younger all the time for everything.

I used to think things like acrylic and fake nails were for older girls, but last night getting my toes done there were 3 little girls (10 and under) getting acrylic next to me..sigh.

Also, i've dropped my phone in just about every liquid known to mankind and i've never had a fire. I can't think dog saliva is much different.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Cell phones for a 9 year old. Absurd. What he heck do they need one at that age? You see your friends all day at school, then you go home where there IS a phone, so I see no need lol My 14 year old just got a cell phone in sept because he just started high school. Now he's across the city and is bused. He has a cell incase he misses his bus, and he is a bit more independant and goes out sometimes in the evening and I want to be able to reach him and have him be able to call home if anything happens. Now mind you, once he is home, the cell goes in the kitchen in a big glass container I have in there for cell phones, chargers, extra batteries etc etc lol NOt within reach of anyone who should not have it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow....I thought the people had been killed the way they worded it.

I think cell phones for children are a good idea. Bottom line, I'm thinking safety. If something really awful happened, like being abducted, the child could call for help.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im glad no one was hurt. Silly doggie.

Wow....I thought the people had been killed the way they worded it.

I think cell phones for children are a good idea. Bottom line, I'm thinking safety. If something really awful happened, like being abducted, the child could call for help.
If a six year old was abducted there would be very little chance they would be able to call someone without their attacker noticing, there not all that secritive, well atleast mines not. She would be scared outta her mind and propably wouldnt even think about the phone.

·
Registered
894 Posts
That's crazy. The *almost* 9 year old (in like a week) I babysit before and after school has a cell phone. It's stupid though, because she only gets it when she's at home (doesn't take it to school or anything) and she basically uses it to text her friends. That's about it. So I guess her friends all have cell phones too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts