Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO EVERYBODY,MY NAME IS SHERBE.
I HAVE A CHIHUAHUA AND A MINI FOXIE CHIH X THAT HAVE TAKEN UP THE MOST DISGUSTING HABIT OF EATING THEIR OWN FAECES.AS I WORK ALL DAY MY 2 CHILDREN ARE LEFT INSIDE.IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH ANY ADVICE ON HOW I MAYBE ABLE TO STOP THIS TERRIBLE HABIT IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I heard there is something you can give them to make their poo yucky.....like it isn't already right? Maybe someone else in here has experienced that and can give more solutions but I know there is something that can help! Best wishes on that one! :shock:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
basically its an instinct that dogs did in the wild so other animals couldnt trace there sent but it has alot to do with the food that dogs are fed now as alot are very rich and dogs dont digest the same as us so to them they think ................yum buy one get one free :lol:

my moms dog used to this from the age of 6 months and we tried everythbing a powder to mix in her food, powdewr to sprinkle on her poo nothing worked the thing we found the best was just to get it up as soon as she had done it she is 12 know and still does it so unfortunately I dont think its a habit that will break .

do they poo innhouse when you are at work or do you mean in garden ? if its when in garden when you are there just go otu with them and clear it up as soon as they have done it.

hope this helps :D

sorry i waffled on a bit :lol:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Hi i am going through this same problem with Tia she eats Sashas and Sierra's poop.I got forbid from the vets and it is a powder that you sprinkle on the food and it worked during the time i used it but once the forbid was gone she went right back to eating it again :? that was just last week.

So for her it worked while being sprinkled on the food but once stopped she started again. Sorry thats all I have hehe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband recko's that if I leave one of the dogs faeces in the house and paint it with HOT CHILL SAUSE that this may deter the little buggers from practicing this filthy habit, once they have licked the bate a couple of times.
Would this work if we were consisted????
I supose it's worth a try.....................Sherbe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts