Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question about chihuahua eye colors. I know they can change over time in puppies, but do you think my babies' eye color would change too?
He has gorgeous hazel eyes and he is 3 months old now.
He is KC so I know he doesn't have any other breeds mixed in.
All chihuahuas I have seen have black eyes, but his eyes are so much lighter!
Is this normal? Will it change?
BTW I love how he is sticking his tongue out at me right when I took the shot HAHA!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
He is a doll! I would say since he is 3 months that his color will not change. He is a chocolate and it is pretty common for them to have green or hazel eyes. Both of mine have green eyes, both of them have chocolate noses ;-)

·
Registered
185 Posts
your puppy is adorable! I would also think they wouldn't change at this time. I have a white chi, with a brown mask, and a brown spot on her back by her tail, and her eyes are green.

·
Registered
644 Posts
what a handsome little pup you have - so adorable :D
my Atticus (chocolate and cream brindle) started off with clear green eyes that gradually changed to hazel over the first few months.
Diefie's milky blue eyes turned to a light golden brown that match his coat beautifully.
i don't know what colour Stottie's eyes were when he was a puppy, he came to us at two years old. his eyes are a really dark brown/black even though his coat is cream and white.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats great! :)
Thank you everyone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts