Chihuahua People Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Sal, what a wonderful thing you did to save this poor baby. He looked near death, poor little guy. :(

I do not believe for one minute that he would be in this horrible condition within 3 weeks of being missing. There is simply no way he could be that malnourished, ears in a terrible mess, & toe nails with years of growth. He also appears to have mange or something. I would have also questioned why his tail was broken. The owner may have been calling, but she was clearly neglecting his health and well being while in her care. Such a sad story.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
this reminds me of this one time i was waiting in teh waiting room at my vet's office, and this very old lady came in with her poodle who was just in sad shape. The dog's hair was matted, she had an absolutely horrifying stink coming from her, her eyes were just filled with goop, her nails looked like they hadn't been trimmed in at least 6-7 months. I was glad that she at least brought her to the vet, it was clearly her dog. i just felt bad for hte dog, i understood that she was old and it might be too much for her to bathe the dog or care for her but should the dog suffer? i felt terrible.

·
Registered
366 Posts
When I first saw pics of this guy he reminded me of a Chi at a campground we stay at. The guy I know is very much loved, but he is old and riddled with arthritis. He looks aweful, you almost don't want to touch him. But it is his age and ill health. Very much looked after.
Also my Chi can lose weight overnight it seems if she misses a meal. It is suprising how many people are scared of cutting nails.

My hubby had a dachund when we first got married. Poor Winnie was only 10 but had been hit by a car when he was younger. Nasty accident. It took him surgery and alot of time to recover. It really aged him. He looked like he was twice his age. Crippled up , blind, and his coat was terrible. He was also nasty.

I am so glad he was missed and loved. You are wonderful for taking care of him and finding his owner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank God!
My family and I have been praying for you.
I'm so glad that owner found that poor little guy!
I can't imagine loosing Fizz for THREE WHOLE WEEKS and then finding her again!
The Lord defenatly answered our prayers...
also are you thinking of getting a chihuahua yourself?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Oh my :( I just feel like loving him forever... How is the little guy doing now??? I see you have gotten so many woderful advice here <3 Hope everything is going great with him ! XOXO

·
Registered
171 Posts
This little fella makes me so sad, I hope you can give him the love and attention he deserves. Some horrible people out there that can let things like this happen :(

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.