Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
We get some really bitter Winters here in the Midwest...
Last year there were days on end that we couldn't get out
the back door. My dogs are trained for the litter pan (newspaper)
as well as outside. It got us through the long Winter :)
I don't see why it wouldn't work in Alaska for you.

·
Registered
497 Posts
If exercise is your concern with not being able to go out for months at a time i would suggest getting a treadmill. Even a small breed such as a chihuahua can be trained to use them.

If just going out to get air and meet people is the issue... maybe you could just carry them in a carrier or bag thats insulated?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Maybe you could set up a room or area with some safe plants and some grass in a large area that you grow and maybe a sun lamp so they can get some rays and the feel of being in the grass?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe you could set up a room or area with some safe plants and some grass in a large area that you grow and maybe a sun lamp so they can get some rays and the feel of being in the grass?
That's a good idea. If he gets the job I'll have to look more into it. Might even help me :p I'm a FL native so it will be a HUGE change for me!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
There was definitly a member or two here from Alaska. I am sure of that. They had no problem. One of them was a girla nd there used to be picture posted all of the time..looked happy there.

Good luck !!

I would be asking hubby to interview in the carribean..lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts