Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance and I just adopted a 4 month old chihuahua mix from the Capitol Humane Society about a week and a half ago and named him Vance. We're not sure on his exact breed, but he is a very handsome puppy that weighs 5-7 lbs and is black and white.
This weekend he had a seizure and we had to take him to the emergency vet. They did blood work and most everything (all vital stuff) came back normal. They put him on anti-nausea meds and seizure meds and watched him overnight. When we picked him up this morning, they recommeneded that we have our own vet watch him and continue meds to make sure he is ok. We picked him up from there and he seemed fine until tonight. Tonight he seemed very confused and scared of us, so we kept a close eye on him. He DIDN'T have another seizure, but started drooling uncontrollably, so we decided to take him back to the emergency vet. On the way there, he threw up and seemed to be doing a little better. They took his vitals and then decided on some x-rays. When they got the x-rays back, they determined that he had either swallowed something like a watch battery or had something metal imbedded in him. They're doing a berrium (sp?) and going to let us know in the morning what they find and I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks and I'm glad to be part of this forum!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,960 Posts
Welcome to you and your baby Vance.. So sorry the little guy has been sick and hopefully the vet will take care of whatever he has swallowed.. so he will recover quickly.
They are like little Hoovers.. picking up everything on the floor.. Blessings, Deb
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a little update from the vet today. Whatever he has swallowed is working its way through and they said he's acting a lot better. Hopefully this keeps up cuz thats what they told us yesterday morning and then by lastnight he was sick again. Hoping and praying for the best. Thanks everyone for welcoming us and the positive thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well its been a few days now and he seems to be healthier. The only problem is that someone needs to be able to watch him for a great majority of the day and because of this, my fiance and I are trying to find a new home for him. We can't be with him all the time because of work and other obligations. We feel terrible, but its really the only choice we have. We absolutely won't send him back to the humane society, though, because that place was horrible. We don't want to give him up, but I would rather have him with a family that can give him what he needs since we can't do that.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top