Chihuahua People Forum banner

should chihuahua of the month be scrapped?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, id prefer it to continue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its under discussion at the moment wether the chihuahua of the month competition should continue.
Its great seeing everyones enteries but its just a shame that not all will be voted for and obviously people with younger chis have an advantage (its a cruel world).
photo event would still take place if chihuahua of the month was scrapped, but they wud be more like challenges, eg: a valentine pic of your chi, or funny pics. with no actual winner
other ideas r also floating around.
so can everyone please vote as to what they would think if chihuahua of the month was scrapped. Thank you!
mia
x

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I personally wouldnt care either way.

Maybe though instead of having a chi of the month have a featured chi for the month...someone else mentioned this before (and I am sorry I forgot who it was...I am sooo not taking any credit for this idea :wink: )

So that way its not necessarily a contest....

I have no idea how the picking of the featured chi should work...maybe the person who's idea this was originally can say :wink:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
That was me Jess :D .....that way there are no losers just give a little bio of your baby and get on a rotation list--I say past winners be at the bottom of the list :wave:

Must have like 50 posts....

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Maybe instead of chi of the month we could have chi of the week since there are so many chihuahua's here now. I don't know how we would go about doing this but maybe people could send in the pictures and make it like a first come first serve thing so whoever sends a picture in first would have their chihuahua featured first. This is just an idea and if it's stupid don't laugh :oops: okay :D

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
LOL thanks Vic!

Yeah I do think there should be some set rules in order for your chi to be featured...like a mininum number of posts.

I also agree that past chi of the month winners should be put at the bottom (no offence to any of those winners :wink: )

·
Registered
675 Posts
i like chihuahua of the month! but maybe there could be different categories like age groups, clolours, best pic etc.... but you could only enter in one category... just an idea.....

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
MissMolly said:
Maybe instead of chi of the month we could have chi of the week since there are so many chihuahua's here now. I don't know how we would go about doing this but maybe people could send in the pictures and make it like a first come first serve thing so whoever sends a picture in first would have their chihuahua featured first. This is just an idea and if it's stupid don't laugh :oops: okay :D
Chi of the week we would run out of chis too fast.....maybe every 3 weeks....or 2.... :?

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Assign 4 people from the board to do it they have to come to a unanimous decision, rotating weeks, so 4 ppl this week and 4 new ppl next week and so on, then when it is the 4 members turn they are not aloud to enter their dogs?

And have one section for older dogs and one for puppies to a certain age?

Just a thought 8)

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
KJsChihuahuas said:
Assign 4 people from the board to do it they have to come to a unanimous decision, rotating weeks, so 4 ppl this week and 4 new ppl next week and so on, then when it is the 4 members turn they are not aloud to enter their dogs?

And have one section for older dogs and one for puppies to a certain age?

Just a thought 8)
im confused already :oops:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
ok all you admin pick 4 members of the board to judge the photos in 2 groups Adult and Puppies. now those 4 members are judging they cannot enter the contest, and it has to be a unanimous decision between them. they meet up in the chat on voting day then post the winner. Now the next week you chose 4 different members and they do they same, now keep in ind who ever is a part of the 4 members cannot enter their dogs. Now when some wins the go to the bottom of the list and have to wait 2 weeks before they can enter again. so it keeps everything on rotation. are you still confused??? LOL

then this way we can alllll become a part of being the judges and it make for better bonding time for everyone to get to know everyone else.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I think it should be simple like this
You have 2 polls every month
"Puppy of the Month"
"Older Chi of the Month"
We were thinking along the same lines K.J.
:wink: :D

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Yeah I have always felt bad about people who enter their chi's that are adorable but not babies since as Mia said Cruel World. I would either vote for splitting it up between puppies and not, or just a theme each month to post photo's without even having a winner since they are really all winners :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
The puppies definitely have the edge, but how can you not vote for them? They're so dang cute! :D

How about changing it to something totally different every month?

Some examples:

March-Sexiest Senior (you could make this open to Chi's 10 years of age and older)
April-Cutest pair/group shot
May-Cutest puppy (six months & under)
June-Best action shot *zoooom*
July-Best Outfit
Aug-Biggest Ears Contest, etc. etc.

The possibilities are endless. You could get really creative with this. :)

You could theme them after the holidays too.

At Christmas time-best photo with Santa.
Halloween-Funniest Face

1 - 20 of 59 Posts