Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I mentioned this in any of my posts yet, but I am a working artist, and I have done dog portraits before. One in particular was of a chihuahua x named "Benny". It's a 1'x1'ft oil on canvas, getting a bit old now but still cute.

My ultimate goal is to complete my master's degree, which I'm 2 years into. I don't usually paint dogs but in the summers I do commission work for extra cash. :) My usual work is different- sort of neo-realism/surrealism and on a much larger scale.

Anyways, that's me. Any other fine artists out here?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I absolutely adore your painting of the chi. I am an artist and I have 4 chis---it's obvious that you've caught their spirit. Thanks for sharing., Smokey

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
We are visual artists of a different sort over here! I graduated with my BFA in 2009 and I work in theatre/events/performance art on the design side.
I love surrealism, particularly giant scale surrealism. One of my favorite playwrights to read, Federico Lorca was really influenced by surrealists (he was deeply in love with Dali- that had a lot to do with it!). That's kinda how i feel, I am in love with surrealism but not quite doing it myself! Theatre is a bit of a different beast, as far as saying what my style is because I am at the mercy of whatever project hires me (oh the woes of an artist trying to pay bills) but I really have a soft spot for postmdernism. If I could just work on Samuel Beckett plays for the rest of my life I'd be a happy lady!

I love your chi painting by the way! Just love the expression on his face.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks lulu'smom and Chiluv04!

Ah yes doginthedesert, postmodernism- I just finished a summer class about issues in contemporary art and had to do a very difficult presentation on Jacques Lacan: I picked the reading because it was short, my was that a big mistake! Definitely the most difficult reading I could've picked! I'd love to read something influenced by surrealism. I will have to Google him.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i love love it :D great job! fellow artist here too but i haven't painted for years. i love surrealism and just animals in general :] here's one of my works im proud of

this was taken by a webcam...u know those webcam days LOL

and this one was back in highschool. i was way into this one. took me 2 weeks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good job pigeonsheep, you should keep making art that is really great for a high school painting (and webcam days, haha).

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Good job pigeonsheep, you should keep making art that is really great for a high school painting (and webcam days, haha).
Lmao I been tryin to find time for it. But between workin part time and doing my homemade pet product business and takin care of the pups its hectic ;)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Great work! LOVE the Chihuahua X one. You are very talented!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Beautiful! I love the expression :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts