Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3-year old chihuahua has always been a leash puller and bolts out the door and runs like a maniac:cautious:.The last 2 days has been hellish for me. He now pulls so hard until he gets his way ( i can stand in the same spot for more than 15 minutes and he is still pulling). Yesterday and today, on top of his pulling, he yelps/screams like a little girl for as long as it takes me to submit to him. I know i should not submit but a screaming chihuahua is worse as it is embarrassing/loud and sounds like he is in pain. I cannot seem to get him to go home so i feel bad that i am sometimes dragging him a little. If i try to pick him up he will snap and growl. Anyone gone through this and have any solutions?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Kikopup is a great resource on Youtube. Otherwise, I would look into a positive trainer in your area to evaluate your situation and give you a direction to get to where you want to be with your boy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kikopup is a great resource on Youtube. Otherwise, I would look into a positive trainer in your area to evaluate your situation and give you a direction to get to where you want to be with your boy.
Thank you so much for the Kikopup resource! I have viewed some videos and think she is great. I will try the one with leash pulling first and see where that gets me. As for a trainer, it would be difficult in person at the present time due to COVID.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Vet suggested I get my 4 lb Chihuahua a Mesh Harness that doesn't go around her neck, but goes into a "V" shape on the front if her chest. He said Chihuahua's have a small Trachea that can collapse or be damaged by a collar around her neck.
Has anyone bought one like I described? Please tell me where I can purchase one. I would need an XXS size. She's 8 months old, but small. Thank you for your help.
Torchy. Photo of my Bambi is on the bottom.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts