Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been really wanting to get another chihuahua(s) and start a little chi pile but reputable breeders want 1k+ :S

I came across this
http://greenville.craigslist.org/pet/2804103969.html
and it's realllyyyy tempting.
It looks like they will need 24/7 monitoring and being bottle fed. Perhaps more work than I need with a 3 month old baby...

Either way I'm trying to convince hubbeh that 2 chihuahuas aren't that much more than 1 chihuahuas... :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw i guess they found homes for all of them. Mebe next time.
I'm giving hubbeh puppy eyes. Mebe he'll give in :D

We spent over $500 the first month on puppy stuff so I guess he just doesn't want to spend a lot of money. We already have most of the stuff in place though now :) We also ended up with 2 leashes (couldn't find one for a couple of days so we went and got another one)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OMG MY WISH HAS BEEN ANSWERED!!!

I WAS LOOKING FOR CHIHUAHUA ALL WEEK!!!
so I finally call the humane society. THEY NEVER have chis but i asked if they had any or mixes. shot in the dark.

they just rescued 40 from a chi hoarder!

omg omg omg!!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
omg omg omg!!!

Where do you live? a lady across street had chi, no papers she has two left, she has been trying to get them sold for top dollar and I told her she wont get it, now the are like 4 months old I think dropped price down to $100 maybe even cheaper, I was so mad at her, she breeding for the money see how much she got not much.
They are really cute I have to say. But dislike her breeding for the money. BRB

·
Registered
801 Posts
I will offer some advice, I have a rescue now and my previous Chi
that I had for 15yrs was also a rescue. I sing the praises of anyone who wants to rescue any animals that come from bad situations.
However, please please keep in mind that due to their previous circumstances, rescues often require lots of special time and care.

With Mimi, she constantly wet and soiled for the first two weeks.
Not normal accidents, she did it out of fear. I've had her since
November and still if my son raises his voice around her she will sometimes panic and wet or soil herself.

I also had to feed and water her by hand because she was too afraid to eat/drink on her own. At night I swaddled her ( much like a newborn ) and
held her all night so she would get comfortable. I've also spent about $600 in vet bills just since November getting her healthy.

I am in no way saying Don't Do It, but honestly if I had a very young infant
I don't think I personally would have had the time Mimi has needed, and she
still has a very long way to go. Just consider the time that a rescue will need before you jump in!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
On a realistic note (now that all that excitement and jumping up and down wore off) I will check them out this thursday to make sure they're sociable.
I've been pretty good at training dogs so far, including a rescue before.
These chis did come from a hoarder, so I'm guessing they're nowhere near housebroken...

I live in anderson, sc.

Edit: that said, not advertising for them or nothing, but please give these luvable chis a home if you're closeby!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Keep us updated!

I was trying to see if I could find any info on the seizure. I'm sure
you are right about being not housebroke and they could have
some real social issues as well.

Much love to you for trying to help!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Good luck with your search for a chi. I have 3 rescue dogs right now. The chi was a stray from a shelter, and she has been absolutely wonderful. She was skin and bones when we got her, but she's healthy now. The yorkie was from a rescue, and they socialized her enough that she was okay when she came home. She is now a total playful sweetheart, and it has barely been over two weeks. I got a new mini poodle last weekend to complete our furkids. She was from a different rescue than the yorkie, and while she was shy at first she has been so easy to turn into an extremely playful and loving dog. Our dogs are all from about 1.5-3.5 years old, and they act so young even though they're not puppies. A lot of rescued pets don't have tons of issues that are difficult to deal with although I know that there are some that do have substantial problems. Just be picky and choose wisely if you go the rescue route, but you would do that if you went to a breeder too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.