Chihuahua People Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Hope it's okay to remind people that Chihuahuas are cropping up in general rescue much more often than previously, because so many people are breeding them :(

So if looking for a rescue Chi, ring around local dog rescues, I've heard of a few last year and hope to do more this year to help these little ones.

x

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
A wonderful shelter located in Buffalo, NY, where I adopted my Chihuahua's.

Pixie Mamas Rescue:

http://www.pixiemamasrescue.com/

They do amazing work, saving dogs from all over the states. All the dogs are kept in volunteer's homes, not in a shelter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any Chihuahua rescue groups in Utah? We purchased a precious little girl from a breeder and are wanting to rescue one now to add to our family. We are unable to have children so we tend to spoil our animal babies very well.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Go to Petfinder.com. Put in your state and/or zip code. There are hundreds of chi's listed in Utah.

Reactions: Chica n Ella

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any Chihuahua rescue groups in Utah? We purchased a precious little girl from a breeder and are wanting to rescue one now to add to our family. We are unable to have children so we tend to spoil our animal babies very well.
Chihuahua Rescue and Transport
http://www.chihuahua-rescue.com/

This is our national chihuahua adoption you can also check the Chihuahua Club of America

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Does anyone know if I can adopt one from US to Finland? It's hard for me to get the right information. Thank you!
No. A rescue here isn't going to export a dog to Finland. They require home checks, references, etc. The cost of exporting a dog would be in the thousands of dollars, a long flight, etc. Is there no chihuahua rescue in your country?

·
Registered
14 Posts
We do have dog rescue but there are no Chihuahua at the moment. Most of the people bought their Chihuahua from abroad. If they would allow to export Chihuahua to Finland for adoption, I'm sure many would save their lives. :-(
I got mine through friend's friend, whose dog gave birth to 4 Chihuahuas so I adopted from her.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Seeing all of these links to chi rescue organizations, and hearing of those who have adopted chihuahuas, or are hoping to, truly warms my heart! :love5: Three of our four dogs are rescues from local shelters, and 2 of them are chis. Keep adopting! There are SO many precious creatures out there in need of loving homes!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thank you for this. So many dogs that have been abandon, or turned out from their home. Its breaks my heart to see these.
I will send your links to our distributors in different countries. We sell our product around the world, but only thought to support shelters in the US, since this was most accessible for us. I realized how ignorant this was of me. We will share the link and support.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
I've been followed Little Star Chihuahua rescue on Facebook until we found our little Piper (Precious) here on CP.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts