Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any1 know of any chihuahua rescue centres in the yorkshire area?
i have been thinking for a while that i would love to rehome a rescue dog (both my cats are rescues) preferably a chihuahua.
hope ya can help!
xxjennyxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in the US so I don't know but just wanted to say good for you!! Both of mine were/are rescues and it is so sad to see them sitting lonely in a cage in the pound. They need great forever homes!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the US so I don't know but just wanted to say good for you!! Both of mine were/are rescues and it is so sad to see them sitting lonely in a cage in the pound. They need great forever homes!
thank u!
i have had a quick search on the internet, and cant find anything. from people i have spoken to in america, there are lots of chihuahua's in rescue centre's wanting homes. over here nearly every dog in the rescue centre is crossed with a staffordshire bull terrier. there aren't many little dogs ( well in all the rescue centres i have been to) not sure hubby would go forit at the mo, but i will see if i can persuade him!! x

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
does any1 know of any chihuahua rescue centres in the yorkshire area?
i have been thinking for a while that i would love to rehome a rescue dog (both my cats are rescues) preferably a chihuahua.
hope ya can help!
xxjennyxx
The kennel club is the place to go,think you can fill in a form online.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have just been on petfinder.com and i cannot believe the amount of chihuahua's and chihuahua mixes that are available for rehoming in america.
there are some absolute beauty's i wish i lived over there, i would rehome them all!
i feel so sorry for them. x

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Chi's very rarely end up in rescue in UK. You could also try 'The Little Dog Rescue' and Ive seen a few for private adoptions on pet sites lately.
Good luck though. There is one near me that I would love to get. If only coz its a 3Ib girl and the sellers are using the fact she isnt neutered as a selling point!:mad:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chi's very rarely end up in rescue in UK. You could also try 'The Little Dog Rescue' and Ive seen a few for private adoptions on pet sites lately.
Good luck though. There is one near me that I would love to get. If only coz its a 3Ib girl and the sellers are using the fact she isnt neutered as a selling point!:mad:
thanx! i am going to look now. the little girl sounds cute, is she a rescue? or private seller? x

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If it is rescue you shouldn't be getting charged hundreds of pounds. normally the BBC ask for a donation - carefull you aren't getting a puppy farmer who wants to get rid of some of their stock but still get a good price for them. Stick with the BCC rescue, you can download an application, fill it in and send it to Pam Bungard. If anything comes up in the North it would come to me anyway as I am the co-ordinator for the BCC and LCCC rescue - the NCCC don't have one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts