Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I have a 5 year old boy called doodles. He has been screaming for the last month for literally no reason. Even did it in the middle of the night! I've had him checked by 2 vets now and they both have said he's fine. He seems more petrified when he's on a floor and hates it. Ive got an adaptil collar and plug in. He doesn't do it when I'm out and with my son so I'm desperate for advice. X

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I can associate with this problem. I have been dealing with this with my 12 year old Chi. He has started to cry out - sometimes screaming out for no reason a year ago. First we thought he had injured himself. He was screaming any time we got near him or touched him, and then even when he was sitting on his own without us even being close to him. We checked him over if there was any injury and couldn't determine anything. When this elevated and he was screaming anytime I got near him to even kiss him (which I do ALL THE TIME), it made me so worried. He was acting as if he's extremely worried about himself getting hurt and anticipated something. We have never hurt him or touched him wrong. He is our baby. When he didn't stop doing this for some time, we took him to a vet. She said he could be in pain if he has possibly slipped disc and possibly felt it more in some positions more than others. She also said, that she came across several cases of Chihuahuas having fluid on their brain, which causes them pain. She said if the anti-inflammatory meds and pain pills didn't help in couple of days, we could have him tested for that. He got over it in a day.

However, this condition comes and goes. Every time he acts as if he is extremely worried about being hurt. I am even questioning if he's perhaps starting to have some mental issues. I don't know, but it brings me to tears every time he gets like that. He is actually in this condition since yesterday again. This time he cries out when I touch his booty. I am wondering if he has arthritis and is in pain. He goes out to pee, but sits down right away.

I think I will take him to a vet again and have his hips checked. Good luck with finding out what's wrong with your baby.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts