Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 3.5 year old chihuahua named Ruby she's a great little dog got me through the tough times and enhances the good ones but we have had a life changed and moved back to the east coast of Canada. She has been trained to go on pee pads all her life with me (living downtown calgary before it was the best option) and to be honest worked for me till now. Lately she is missing the pad and going half on half off. I have tried the trays but she knows it's not a solid ground and avoids it all together. Now I have a house and a yard. She really just started to pee and poo on the grass last summer. Now I have her in the habit to go out every morning with me when I first wake up and 9/10 times she does a full pee and poop, great! But that's where my knowledge to help her ends. I want her to go full time outside, even in winter. Someone is always really home with her so making sure she can be let out enough times is not a problem but she never let's me know. She will be laying on the couch just kinda plop off half asleep and pee on the rug. How do I get her to I donno let out a bark or go by the door some sort of notification she needs out. Also there is another new small dog in the mix. They get along well enough there's just a attention battle going on so I feel ruby is acting out in spite. Do I have to re instate myself as the pack leader to both those dogs. What should I do. It's a lot but if anyone can make sense of this I need the pee pads to stop, or be fully on and have no accidents

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I don't think dogs 'spite' their owners. I think you have to go back to housetraining 101. Do you have pee pads down now, or did you take them up. I, myself like them. You have to keep her IN SIGHT or in a kennel if you can't see her. I would take her out every 2-3 hours. IF she goes, she can have some house freedom. If not, then back in the kennel/pen. Don't let her have an accident. Is the second dog housetrained? The other thing would be to leash her to you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hmmm she goes out and does full pee and poo 90% makes me think she wants to do her business outside. Maybe somethings wrong with her and she can't hold her pee when she's on your rug? Or try increasing number of times shes let out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts