Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I had a question about Chihuahua growth and weight. From the information provided, do you think you will have a good idea of how much my two Chi's will weigh full grown?

Bentley (still with the breeder and not coming to me until 12-14 weeks of age) is 7 weeks old and weighs only 11 ounces. Both of his parents weigh 3 1/2 pounds.

Lexus is 20 weeks old and currently weighs 2 pounds 11 ounces. Her sire weighs 3 pounds 3 ounces and her dam weighs exactly 4 pounds.

From this info, do you think you could tell me how much they will both weigh full grown? Also, just curious, how much did your chihuahuas weigh around these ages and how much do they weigh now?

Of course weight is not an issue at all to me, I'm just curious as to what to expect them to be size wise. I currently have a Papillon that weighs 8.5 pounds and he is 5 1/2 years old.

:p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi everyone. I had a question about Chihuahua growth and weight. From the information provided, do you think you will have a good idea of how much my two Chi's will weigh full grown?

Bentley (still with the breeder and not coming to me until 12-14 weeks of age) is 7 weeks old and weighs only 11 ounces. Both of his parents weigh 3 1/2 pounds.

Lexus is 20 weeks old and currently weighs 2 pounds 11 ounces. Her sire weighs 3 pounds 3 ounces and her dam weighs exactly 4 pounds.

From this info, do you think you could tell me how much they will both weigh full grown? Also, just curious, how much did your chihuahuas weigh around these ages and how much do they weigh now?

Of course weight is not an issue at all to me, I'm just curious as to what to expect them to be size wise. I currently have a Papillon that weighs 8.5 pounds and he is 5 1/2 years old.

:p
We are so excited to get our female Chi on Monday or Tuesday! Pics will be posted as soon as we get her...if anyone can answer my question that would be great!
Instead of Lexus we are going to be naming her Emma :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Bentley if follows the chart should be between 2 1/2 and 2 3/4 lbs, and is in the 4 to 4 1/2 lb range.

But to be honest most do not follow the charts. With Bentley's parents size I would say he will be between 3 and 4 lbs, but this is just a guess. You can take I believe the 12 week weight, multiply it by 2 and then add 1 lb and usually that is pretty accurate for some. You would have to see parents, grandparents and really know their lines and how they grow but that still isnt fool proof as they can always surprise you. ;-)

Here is a link to a chart
Chihuahua weight chart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts