• indiferent, barely even notices them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • aggresive

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
my too bark and growl when a stranger comes in but they calm down after 10 mins Ozzy would then probably let them stroke him but lily wouyld just sit on mommys lap till theyve gone.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
BARK BARK BARK, don't come near me, I will shut up but you have to leave me alone, of course I have sniffing privledges!
Kemo

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have one puppy that is shy acting-does not come near strangers or very few people for that matter..the other puppy is out going and jumping on people for attention.
Of my older dogs, I have a barker-that will continue to bark as long as someone who she does not know is in the house, does not make a difference is I close her door or not. If she is out with the person, she still continues to bark, from my lap.
The other three will bark when someone enters the house but will quiet down, especially if I close the door to their room.
I am carefull that my dogs have their own place to go when I have company. While I am a dog lover and do not mind if they are jumping, climbing on me or just running around playing--not all people are like this and I respect their space.
Chis are hard to socialize. I have seem chis in a situation where people are always present and they still can be nippy. And I have seen the wiggly, licking type...let me near them and I will drown them in kisses...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I don't believe the breeder that I got Kiwi from socialized her so she is very aggressive to people. She especially does not like children. I bring her to work so she can meet a lot of people and she is getting better. I took her yesterday to meet my family and my sister-in-law who worked for a Vet. for years came straight to her and did not pet her or even let her smell her and tried to jerk her mouth open so she could see if she was "trash" and Kiwi tried to bite her. I don't blame Kiwi one bit if somebody called me "trash " and tried to jerk my mouth open then I would try to bite too. She did warm up to the children but was still cautious.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
she must not have alot of friends huh?

TRASH??????????????? HOW INCREDIBLY RUDE! I'd would have biten her myself! :evil:

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Wow, I would had hit her for doing that to my dogs! I have come to realize that I am extremely protective over my pups and if anyone tried to hurt them I would loose it! Doesnt she realize working for a vet that she could had/might had hurt her.
Anyway, my chi's (except for Kylie but she is a mix) hate strangers! They bark and growl and their fur stands on end. I have to pick them up and introduce them to who-ever the stanger is and inform the stanger to first let my pups smell them and then slowly pet them. This usually works and my dogs quickly calm down and become friendly. But this is after I have been socializing them since I had them, and they are still agressive at strangers at first.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Boy, grabbing my dog is just like grabbing my kid. You had better be trying to save her or I might get physical. How dare that woman touch your baby in such a way. Some people have such nerve. Now, in response to how Olivia reacts to strangers. She barks like mad at first site, settles down with peaked caution on the "Quiet" command, but will still growl till she see the person poses no threat to her precious people. She soon makes friends and is fine. She might give them one quick bark as they leave, just to show them who is in charge of the house :wink:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Thanks everyone for your concern. Kiwi is fine. My sister-in-law did not lay another finger on my baby. Or she would have to deal with the consequences :boxing:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I live in a condo and Auggie has become jokingly known as the official greeter. He runs up to people wagging his tail and doing his little play thing. Until they try to pick him up. Then he kind of backs off. He doesn't like being picked up by strangers which I guess is a good thing. He does the same when someone comes in the house. He does bark but is friendly. :lol:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Harley is friendly towards everyone, he greets them with kisses and tail wags but whenever someone is holding him he will always look back at me or watch my every move. I am trying to socialize him with everyone, kids and adults. Puppy kingergarten is awesome because one lady brings her two kids and they love Harley. He is quite good with them!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yoshi will bark and growl at a stranger in the house until I hold him and say *enough* It may take a few times too. He barks and growls whenever my pit x comes near if I'm on the couch but plays with him if they are on the floor. :roll:

BTW~what did she mean by *trash*?!

·
Registered
438 Posts
it's always interesting to learn about the character of other people's Chi. :)

Mocha will welcome you like a queen if you come over to our home. But if you stop by on the street and try to approach her, she becomes very protective of herself. But she has very good memory, she remembers my friends and if she happened to see them on the street, she'll happily run over to them. Mocha can get along w/ humans but not other dogs, not even of the same breed.

Beetle on the other hand does not like any humans besides me and my hubby and does not like any other dogs either...sigh...I don't know what to do w/ him. I signed him up for training classes, always practising the open-bar and jolly-talk w/ him when we're out there at the park. WHY WHY WHY?... :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
:grommit: It is interesting to how other chi's are and their temperment. My Sophe is very friendly and loves to run and play with kids and other dogs. She does look to see if I am near by occasionaly. I do wish she was not so friendly and energetic. Yesterday the front door was left open and she slipped out and i found her across the street barking at a passing car. I almost died. Its like she thinks "I'm here lets play". I will be keeping a tighter reign on her.
This is a c ool site.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Since I got Mikey I've been trying to get him well socialized. When ever someone new comes around he wags his tail, his ears go back and he slowly walks up to them. He adores my mom though. If she's over at our house and i'm holding him, all she has to do is talk and he will try to jump out of my arms to get to her. So i'd say so far he's pretty friendly.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
:? Well, I was outside w/ Mikey watering my flowers and my nieghbor came over to see how cute he was. She had her 14 yr old nephew w/ her. Mikey started barking and growling! The boy picked him up then dropped him :x ! Needless to say I was not happy!!!! I think Mikey had good reason to bark however b/c I've never been particularly fond of this nieghbor. Do you think dogs have good judgement about people :scratch: ? He so far has not acted like this to anyone else he has met. He usually is hesitant at 1st but then is friendly.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Once someone is in the door, Tucker is very friendly with them. But if they are outside in the yard or in the street, he starts sounding alarms (barking)! If that person approaches the house and comes in, though, Tucker is VERY welcoming. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mia is a drama queen LOL she barks at the stranger but then if the stranger goes to pet her or pick her up she freaks out like he/she is going to beat her and yipes and over reacts like she always does LOL and mean while the guest is embrassed cuz it makes them look like they beat her up the way she over reacts...she is like that though lol when she gets in trouble and i say firmly Mia No she will run around like i kicked her and beat her and then she goes to her bed and pouts just to make me feel guilty...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts