Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so you all know that I just got Minka. Well of course I have been wanting to take her everywhere. I took her into Dillard's today and all the sales ladies fell in love with her. This one lady came up to me and asked me how old she was and so I told her that she was four months old to which she replied, "wow she is really big for four months, is she a teacup?" of course I tell her that there is no such thing as a teacup chi and she went crazy. She was telling me how her family has had teacup chihuahuas since she was little and that she owns two of them and that I was just jealous because my chi wasn't a teacup and on and on.... so I just turned around and left. She was definitely not worth my time. Grrrr she made me mad :x

Sorry for the rant

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
There is no such thing as a tea cup chihuahua.

There is either a smooth haired, or a long. Full stop.

You wouldn't believe how protective i am on subjects like these. -applauds- Yeah, she turn and leave girl. :wave:

·
Registered
481 Posts
minka is one of the prettiest chihuahuas i have ever seen!and her colourings are beautiful so more like likey she was jealous of your darling which is s little bit sad really!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sounds like a crazy lady :geek: I hope she don't treat all her customers like that. Some people get so ofended when you say there is no tea cup chihuahuas. I think it is because they paid more for them and would hate to admit that they got riped off for buying into the hype.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I get comments like that all the time. When people ask if Coopers a teacup I just say nope he's a chihuahua. I also get alot of people who ask if hes a minature. When I explain to them There isnt such things, most are realy nice and are just mis-informed. But others are so consistant, they truely believe that chihuahua's are classified for LC and SC and weight like teacup, miniture, and standerd.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was talking to an old friend yesterday telling him about Friday and he asked, "is she a teacup?" So I had to tell him they are only classified as short and long-haired (but also as applehead and deerhead, right?). Anyway, I honestly did not know there was no such thing as a 'teacup" chihuahua until I joined this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts