Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Olive was born in Dec. and my sister always told be she'd never like water.
I love swimming and water and I wanted Olive to be a part of that.
I guess introducing it to her early got her to love it.
This is gonna be a fun summer.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=823061754379962&l=8879284997696747759

(Hope that link works! And hope videos are okay in the pictures section)

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Hehe very cute! We also introduced Odie to water early on, but she's definitely one of the chis that hates it. I know quite a few people who have chis that tolerate or like water and I know someone who has a lab that hates the water. Go figure! Depends on the dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Every chi is different. We live in the water during the summer and I wouldn't say that Midgie likes it, but she tolerates it. She wouldn't go for a swim on her own, so I have to put her in and she's a very good swimmer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lab that hates water? XD Thats just really odd!

Its always surprising how good dogs can swim with no learning or training.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
My Emmie is a really good swimmer, but she hates the water! Physical therapy has a pool and she swam like a champ, but boy was she glad to get out!

·
Registered
45 Posts
water

I_have_one_that_loves_water_and_one_that_hates_it..............Buddy_started__loving_it_since_he_was_a_puppy(he_would_jump_in_the_bath_with_my_kids_and_"rescue"_their_bath_toys!)....

(sorry_my_spacebar_broke--have_to_use_underscore.)_:(

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
We are on an island and are living right by the beach for the next 2 months.

Although when you say "Kalisee, want to go to the beach?" she will get very excited because she knows she will have a chance to run around...she wont go near the water on her own. I do take her in with me, she will turn and swim right out to the shore...shake herself off and give me dirty looks.

She is a very good swimmer though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Aww that's cute. Both my chis love water too. It's to the point that Lilo cries to get in the shower when it's Rocky's turn to get washed. lol We introduced her to water very early too so that must have helped. As for Rocky, he's just generally fearless! hehe

·
Registered
883 Posts
Stella loves natural water... but is not a fan of pools or bath times. She hates baths, and every time I've taken her in a pool she has swam directly to the stairs and ran away as quickly as possible. But she LOVES swimming in the river and streams. Maybe if I go to a pool Maggie can get in Stella will change her mind... hmmm...

I would love to take them to the beach and let them play in the ocean!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts