Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi :wave:
I was wondering, if i brought my chi to the beach or to a lake, is there any chance she would go swimming? And if so, should i let her??

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I took Kemo and he was afraid of the water....I see no reason not to let her. I would make sure she would not swim off -so does she "come" on command??

Kemo loved the beach otherwise I cant wait to take him & Bindi there. One thing is that the sand gets in their eyes so take some Opticlear so you can flush it out!

I think Kiwi love's dog likes the water.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually im picking her op on monday so i cant say if she comes on the "come" command. I really think it would be great to go swimming with her, but i was afraid that the water would give her an ear infection...
Maybe not if its saltwater?? I hope she will like water as much as i :love1:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Maybe you could put cotton wool inside her ears to protect them - I would keep her on an extendable leash until you have sussed her out etc and also to protect her from other dogs etc

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
We took our dogs to the beach a few times and they are VERY AFRAID of the water. They were running away from any waves coming in.
They are not good swimmers for sure :D

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggie will run out into the water then run back He never goes out very far. His favorite part of the beach is running around in the sand and all those good smells hehe :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only time I have taken Dazey to the beach the wind was blowing like crazy and actually blew her over. I wrapped her in a towel and held her the rest of the time making sure she was facing away from the wind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts