Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got fed up with the little demons in kid clothing round my way!! They constantly pester my dogs and no amount of polite talking makes an impact. I tried saying, dont shout at them, dont throw sticks, put them down but I finally flipped yesterday!!
I took them for a run round the park, the kids were a one end, fine, I thiought, Ill go down the other end. Well, of course they came running up, Adam ran immeadietly behind my feet but Hannah(who is a few sandwiches short of a picnic;)) ran up to them even when she kept getting a stick in the face.After being polite, telling them to go I'd had enuf!!
me- "Look, just !"£$ OFF! will you!!!"
kids-"why?"
me-"coz I hate your !"£$%^& guts!!!"
kids-"why?"
me-"coz you pick my dogs up without asking, dont ask if you can play with them....."
kids-"can we play with them?"
me-"NO YOU !"£$%^& CANT!!!, you shout at them, and throw sticks at them! You have the whole rest of the park to play in just let them play alone in this one corner!!!"
To which the response was them grabbing one of the smaller kids and trying to throw him on top of the dogs!!
See, this is why I HATE KIDS!!
phew, rant over!!

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Not all kids are like thta I have a 6 year old son & he knows how to treat animals & would never touch someone elses pet without permission. Instead of being mad at the kids its the parents you should be angry at they havent tought them right from wrong. I also would just avoid the park if you see them there that way you wont be stressed & your dogs wont be hurt.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
EEK!! thats horrible, no wonder you are ranting, i dont get some kids, they must have been bought up around animals, i cant remember acting like that when I was a kid...!?!?

Suppose all you can do is blame the parents for the behaviour...however they probably take more notice of what their friends tell them than their parents! lol...

Im not very maternal or anything so im not sure if i want kids but im sure theres other people, -especially on here- with nice animal friendly kids :) i truly understand your rant though bless you!!!! xx

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Not all kids are like thta I have a 6 year old son & he knows how to treat animals & would never touch someone elses pet without permission. Instead of being mad at the kids its the parents you should be angry at they havent tought them right from wrong. I also would just avoid the park if you see them there that way you wont be stressed & your dogs wont be hurt.
It isnt always the parents! I drive a schoolbus and I know some of these kids act diffierently on the bus than the way they were taught to! I know their parents and how they are told to act. I have gotten a couple of phone calls myself that made me cringe to think how my son was acting out of my sight.

That being said, not all children ARE like that. I have a 2 year old niece that I watch and she has a natural knack for animals and is VERY gentle with them.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I probably should have pointed out that I have no problem with polite kids who ask to play with the dogs, I have let loads of neighbourhood kids interact with them. I think its just two families who live in two houses (with about 15 kids between them) who are just awful. I know none of the other children round here play with them and have said they cant stand them!! LOL. So I dont think its just me that they are annoying.
Although I have to say I really hate kids, the way some people hate spiders or snakes!!, but I try to be nice coz the dogs like them. Hey, dont blame me its like a phobia!
I just dont understand how they dont get someone screaming abuse at them means they should maybe go away. Makes you wonder how their parents talk to them.:(

3,132 Posts
Children always act like monsters when they are with their friends and the parents are away. Believe me, I work with kids and I see how angelic they are around mommy & daddy, and how truly little evil spawn they become when they are gone!

I love children, hope to have one myself someday. But, I do dislike many of the things they do and I can't stand most of them in the teen years. The smart mouth's on them and the "@#$% you" attitude drive me up the wall!

That being said, no one should have to put up with anyone tormenting their chi's (or anything else) so I would have reacted somewhat similar I am sure!

Good luck with them... maybe Santa will bring them coal! lol :)

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
well i know my children are definally not like those kids and too tell you the truth i attend dog shows with large dogs and very little dogs and every child that has been there has always been polite and always asked could they pet my dog (as i have taught my children to do)
definally not all children are like the ones that you describe and i feel rather upset that children are being tarred with the same brush just like you wouldnt like every chihuahua being tarred with the same brush either!!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did say its only a few:( And Im sure that everyone on this forum has children who are very well behaved around animals. I didnt mean to start an anti-kid thread!! Just venting he he!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
and some stupid parents wonder why their bratty liltle snot nosed shortys come home with dog bites. May i ask how old these brats are and where in there world are their lazy parents, letting them run arround talking with and petting peoples dogs they dont know

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sadly one of these families of pre-teen monsters lives next door!! So I know they go home and shout, scream and generally bounce off the walls. I can only hope they are a terrible burden to their parents...;)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Ditto. If I ever saw one of my kids being that way with a dog...ooooh..there would be hell to pay lol. I taught my 3 older ones (11yrs and 2 6yr olds) that you are NICE to the puppies. You NEVER run up on a strange dog and you ALWAYS ask before you pet one. If they get bit I fully believe its their own fault for bothering the dog when he obviously was trying to warn them. Owen is a little different, he's still learning but I correct him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts