Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An exterminator is coming Tuesday to spray for crawly things. I am planning on taking Jaxx outside while he sprays (even though they say it is nontoxic) but I was wondering if there is anything I should tell him not to spray that would hurt Jaxx.

I can't stand crawly things and in the past couple days I have killed more than 15 crickets in our apartment and 3 really creepy looking spiders. I would like it if I did not have to have an exterminator spray at all but Jaxx is attacking the crickets.

I have requested a work order for new weather stripping because I think that is how the crawly things are getting in but I want to get the ones that are currently in here out too.

Will Jaxx be okay after it is sprayed or should I keep him outside for a while afterward. Perhaps I will take him shopping for a new toy to take with him to the kennel next weekend.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I never bought into the 'non-toxic' story. If its no toxic how is it killing everything lol
I have my house and yard treated every year and i take them over to my sisters place for 24 hours to make sure its all cometely dry. The yard is a three day process so i just take them out for walks. I am terrified of spiders so the Orkin man is a good friend of mine lol

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I would remove every mortal thing that belonged to your pets, toys, bowls, beds etc.

Also, if you happen to have any fish tanks, secure the tops with cling film/wrap and throw heavy blankets over them for as long as you can.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I hate that stuff I would keep the dogs out for at least 12 hours and would air out the house open windows and doors for at least 4 hours. Screens on the windows and doors are a good way to keep bugs out and they don't cost to much either. Its a one time cost and you won't have to pay for exterminated and have poison sprayed that could hurt or kill your pets.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. I plan on Jaxx and I leaving as soon as I let the exterminator in the apartment .

It is a great idea to remove everything that belongs to Jaxx. I had planned on washing everything but I think I feel safer just removing it from the apartment.

We have screens on all of our windows. The only place I can figure they are getting in is around the weather stripping on the door. I can see a little daylight there. Hopefully my work order will be done on Monday to put new weather stripping so that no more creepy crawlies will get in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.