Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Hi,
Thanks very much for the replies. I would eventually like to breed them, when Bella is around 2 all being well. They're so attached to each other it's difficult to keep them apart. I'm just not sure when her fertile period is?
It really doesn't matter that much when she is fertile.. Either way, you need to keep her and your male separated at all times. Even if she isn't fertile, they can still tie and seriously injure one another.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
You did state in your second post that you wanted to breed them. I do not feel my post was rude. You asked when your dog was fertile so you could keep them separated, and I answered your question by saying that they need
to be separate at all times through her entire season.

In my opinion, a family member wanting a chi is not a good reason to breed your dog, which you said in your other post(unless you were joking). There are many reputable breeders who show and have their dogs evaluated, and there are also rescues in shelters that need homes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.