Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have 2 Chi's Milo (Male) is 10 months, and Bella (female) is 8 months. She's having her first heat and started to bleed this morning. Having a male and her in heat I just wondered when she is fertile?

I've looked all over the internet but it varies with most saying a few days after the bleeding stops. Obviously I don't want her to get pregnant as she is so young.

Once I know when she is 'fertile' a friend will be looking after her until it passes so there is no 'accidents', but I want that to be as short a time as possible. If it's now I need to make the arrangements, can anyone help with when and how long she will be fertile for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Thanks very much for the replies. I would eventually like to breed them, when Bella is around 2 all being well. They're so attached to each other it's difficult to keep them apart. I'm just not sure when her fertile period is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again for the helpful replies. I was thinking of starting a puppy farm and until I do I've made arrangements for Bella to stay with a friend. Suppose we all start somewhere and some spend days researching and gaining knowledge before jumping in, unfortunately some unscrupulous people don't, and breed with terrible consequences. Thank goodness it's not us all, or there would be no adorable Chi's for anyone, one being my brother and family who are desperate for a Chi, but as I have told them, only if it's in Bella's best interest. <Sigh> wish it was all about the money for me I would then just breed tea cups!
Thanks Missy & Puplove I know I do which is why I'm asking and that's very helpful :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please re-read the post, it was dripping with sarcasm...my pet hate is puppy farms and tea cups, please read a post properly before you jump in, thanks.

Thank you Brodysmom.

Do you have alot of people posting trying to stir up trouble in here? It's a serious question because the above poster is either very young/dense/or trying to stir things, another pet hate of mine, so if so I'd rather know now and go and sign up elsewhere, I hate the forums where you ask a simple question and everyone goes off on a tangent instead of answering your question. (My original post was NOT about breeding) It borders on troll like, or at least deliberate stirring...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I understood what you meant theshanman, I can't imagine anyone being pro-puppy farms (unless they have a puppy farm). Thanks, pleased you understand now what I was trying to get across..

Jesuschick, I asked a very simple question and expected a very simple answer, not an off topic slamming. If you read my original post there was absolutely nothing in it that indicated I was even going to breed them, that came after everyone had 'replied', so saying people became defensive because of my original post is a moot point, and completely untrue.

If someone had asked me outright 'are you a backyard breeder' I could have given them a definitive no, but instead I got flamed, so of course I'm going to reply to that.

I've said thank you for all the information I have been given, and have also never said breeding Chi's is 'because they are cute', I said they are adorable (because they are), and that I would breed Bella if all was as it should be. I'm assuming there are some breeders in here, and I'm also assuming they all started somewhere.

Jan, I was polite and friendly, and have since always been polite, the unfriendliness comes from other posters not reading posts correctly and having (as jesuschick has said) a mindset before you get a chance to be part of the group.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.