Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
We are going to see the first 15 that are available for adoption on Saturday. I rescued my current chihuahua but she was a surrender from a family, who had been bitten by a larger family dog. She has done really well overcoming fear etc. but she was already pee pad trained etc. Any advice from someone who has rescued a chihuahua from what was essentially a chihuahua puppy mill? We have had dogs all my life but before Nacho (current chihuahua) they were all dogs we raised from puppies. Any advice would be appreciated.
Chichi fan

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have to let you know I could not do it on Saturday. The chi's were in such terrible shape, they needed someone who would becwith them 24/7. Unfortunately, I have to work. They had never been out of crate and would not even walk on the floor. They had never been outside, all had lp of course but the real concern for me was they were petrified. One that had been adopted the day before was returned while we were there. It broke my heart to leave them there. Of the 33 confiscated from this horrible person only 15 may be adopted. The other 18 are going to rescue organizations to be fostered. I think they all need to be. I promised myself when I retire and could do it properly I will foster chi's who need full time attention and that's what these poor babies needed. I will keep looking for another chi to adopt who needs a loving home. It took me a couple days to get over that experience.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I have to let you know I could not do it on Saturday. The chi's were in such terrible shape, they needed someone who would becwith them 24/7. Unfortunately, I have to work. They had never been out of crate and would not even walk on the floor. They had never been outside, all had lp of course but the real concern for me was they were petrified. One that had been adopted the day before was returned while we were there. It broke my heart to leave them there. Of the 33 confiscated from this horrible person only 15 may be adopted. The other 18 are going to rescue organizations to be fostered. I think they all need to be. I promised myself when I retire and could do it properly I will foster chi's who need full time attention and that's what these poor babies needed. I will keep looking for another chi to adopt who needs a loving home. It took me a couple days to get over that experience.
Oh how sad ! I can imagine how you feel ,such a terrible time for those poor darlings,lets hope they can recover and find a good home

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Poor, poor babies. I wish I lived closer, I would take a few as I am retired and home all day. I so hope they get adopted by people with a lot of patience and knowledge on how to deal with unsocialized dogs.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Poor, poor babies. I wish I lived closer, I would take a few as I am retired and home all day. I so hope they get adopted by people with a lot of patience and knowledge on how to deal with unsocialized dogs.
Pam, apparently these pups did not find their way to your house.....so many already do--you have a big heart.

I keep thinking of a breeder that I visited and all the adult dogs were kept in crates/cages...it was terrible to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts