Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most dogs we've had soon get into our routine etc so we never thought it would be a problem for the Chi's either.
Pixie is nearly 1yrs old now yet she still doesnt seem to have gotton used to our routine?

We go to bed at the same time everynight (10pm) which they dont seem to mind, and wake up at the same time everyday (7am)...our other dogs have always loved snoozing so we've never had any problems during the night etc.
The Chi's however, start crying at 5am some days....we dont go to their attention etc.
They dont need anything (toilet wise etc) I just think they want to be with us.
(Having them in the bedroom isnt an option as they still would want to actually be with us in bed! & its not fair on the neighbour hearing them cry etc)
If we try them out of the crate their worse and will scratch at the door, so at least the crate lets them know its bed time.

Some nights they do sleep right through without a peep, but the crying does happen a lot and early enough to wake us up.
They have a cover over their crate so I would hope its not the light etc.

Any ideas? Surely they'd know at 7am we'll be there for them etc, crying doesnt get us their any earlier?

·
Banned
420 Posts
My pugs 'shout' (and I mean SHOUT!!!) at 5am for breakfast every morning!
If I ignore them they will shout & then shout louder! They have taught my chi's this trick too, so I get up and feed them at 5am.. We then ALL go back to bed till about 9am..

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
My pugs 'shout' (and I mean SHOUT!!!) at 5am for breakfast every morning!
If I ignore them they will shout & then shout louder! They have taught my chi's this trick too, so I get up and feed them at 5am.. We then ALL go back to bed till about 9am..
Lion and Penny wake me up between 7 and 8 every morning... I do the same thing. Feed them, let them potty, then we all go back to bed if it is the weekend. If it is a weekday and I have class, I usually am the one waking them up!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Weekdays, I get up at 4 am for my daily hike with my big dogs. At first the Chis (in their room) went wild--yelping and howling--wanting to be with mom. I finally after much trial and error and even loss of some much-needed work-outs--just had to ignore them. On weekends, we all wake up at 6 am, then they play for a bit and eat in their kennels (everyone has individual dietary needs, sigh), and then mom and big dogs hike for an hour. It took awhile, but they adjusted. They no longer yelp and cry at 4 a.m. Well, usually they don't!!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I don't have a problem with my chi - it's the cat!! She pats every morning around 5:00 - 6:00 am!! Our chi will sleep until I wake him up! So will the golden.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Thats the problem with Chis, they want to be with you all the time! Mine used to sleep in the kitchen but spent half the night scratching at the door to get out so I finally caved and let them sleep in my bed. At least I get some sleep now!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I must have the abnormal dogs :D

I get up during the week at 5:40 am to take 2 kids to an early morning class. Both Tinsel and Spacely ignore me totally... Tinsel doesn't even wake up and Spacely cracks one eye. I get the same treatment when I get back home at 6 am and go back to bed until 7:45 am, when I get up with the younger kids.

On the weekend, both dogs happily sleep in until we get up, whatever time that may be.

In the evening, I just tell Tinsel "crate" and she trots off to her bed. It took Spacely about a week but now, at bed time, he hops right into his crate, circles and goes to sleep.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Wow. I am impressed with your sleepy heads!!!!!! My Peanut does sleep with me, but she is such a diva and needs her diva sleep. She is not happy with Mom when Mom gets up at 4 (who would be). She is usually at that point sleeping under the faux mink throw with her head sticking out--so adorable.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I have no doubt if I let them sleep in our bed we wouldnt hear a peep lol!
Must be a Chi thing then!
Once im awake im awake, so I defaintly dont want to be getting up at 5am...
When they do get out though they're not bothered about eating, they just want to run around my feet lol :p My little monsters ha

·
Registered
894 Posts
Lol, mine go to sleep whenever I do, and they wake up whenever I do, no matter how early I wake up or how late I sleep in. They sleep with me in bed though. When they used to be in a crate, they'd cry at 5 am, I'd let them out, they'd pee then they'd sleep with me til 9 or whatever.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Bijoux sleeps with me every night in my bed and will stay there until I get up unless she has to potty..tho sometimes she wakes me up around 7 a which point I usually just stay up since my grandmother who i live with is an early riser too.

In my house we all go to our rooms around 11 not sure why...we just do and bijoux just comes with me and sleeps on her blanket on my bed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts