Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my little girl has become such a protective baby! today i walked to the front door to open it as my friend was walking up the walkway and chiwi let out a growl at her (until she realized who it was then it was all loves and kisses!) then we went to the tattoo place and the tatto guy went to touch me to check out how "his work" looked and chiwi growled at him! i know the last time i was there she was whining and a little upset when my firned was holding her and i was getting pierced but she never growled at anyone! i said hey it's ok baby and she went back to being her loving self with him. i guess she takes a cue from me cause right afte she growled i said no hey it's ok and she was fine. do i keep doing what i am doing with her, i don't want her to hate people as i want her to become a therapy dog and she is such a love with people. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I have had the same thing with Poppy...she goes crazy if anyone she doesnt know tries to come near me or any of the family.Recently, she has been taking her cues from us and if we say its ok, she holds back...they are SO cute the way they are so protective...bless them! :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guys had to see my tattoo artist lol he's a pretty big guy, muscular, tattoos and piercings and he pulled his arm back faster than a rubber band snapping lmoa! she's not even 2 pounds yet and she is 4 months old! :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
you guys had to see my tattoo artist lol he's a pretty big guy, muscular, tattoos and piercings and he pulled his arm back faster than a rubber band snapping lmoa! she's not even 2 pounds yet and she is 4 months old! :lol:
She has 100 pounds of spunk (and charm) packed into that 'not even' 2 pound body. :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Luv, Amanda had a couple friends over this weekend and Gadget went crazy... The youngest girl is in the 5th grade and the oldest one is in high school. They are really good girls, but Gadget wasn't liking them in his house.... The first thing was Mark and I were lying on the bed watching tv and the youngest girl came in to say hi and he started barking and he wouldn't stop... then she went out and I wen tinto the livingroom and the oldest girl came in and he did the same thing but with her he wouldn't stop barking and growling at her... the whole time she was here.. I even picked him up and told him to stop and he wouldn't stop.. this is the first time he has done this to anybody... usually he is happy go lucky little dude...
HE doesn't even bark if someone knocks on the door...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am having the same trouble with Buddy, he seems to think he has to guard me from others. Is this just a trait or should he be attending obedience class? After talking to a trainer, they claim it can be stopped with obedience training and if not corrected will only get worse. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. He is nearly a year old. I don't want to overreact, also don't want him getting worse.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Cooper is so protective now too. I wish he'd settle down a bit. I don't know if he is being protective or jelous!! :) That would have been funny seeing such a big tough & rough looking man be scared of little chiwi :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts