Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i jsut got back from the vet's office. chiwi got her bloodwork for her spay which will happen next month. and she will also have to have some baby teeth extracted. she weighs 2.10 pounds and she didn't even squirm for her bloodwork. yay! and her knees aren't getting worse which is a good thing!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That is great news Mandy!!! Good for Chiwi!! So glad her knees are not any worse. She is growing too! She will probably be the same size as Chloe. :D

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cherry Chihuahua said:
I'm out of date. Whats wrong with her knees?

Oh darl, poor baby Chiwi.
i took her to the vets when she was 5 months old her knees where making bad clicking noises and the vet said that she most likely will need surgery on them if they get worse. i have her on a liqiud form glucosamine since she stopped eating the chewable :roll:

as far as her weight lol she had a bow in her hair and her collar with a bell on it on and she weighed 2.13 pounds i forgot to take her collar off before she was weighed so the vet said probably 2 pounds 10 ounces without her accessories lol.

i was talking to him about spaying her and i sstarted to cry. he asked what my main concerns were and i told him and he reassured me then i said i wanted to bring her home the same day and he said we'll see but he winked at my friend (who i used to work with there, lol i made him come in with me for support) i was so nervous about getting her bloodwork, i thought she would be wiggling and crying but she didn't. the dr took her to the prep room and i poked my head out the door and i didn't hear a peep from her. the vet tech came out and was like oh she was sooo good i can't believe it. they thought she'd be squeeling and fighting to get away.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Mandy, that is great news about Chiwi's knees.

I'm sure she will do fine with her spay, but I know how nervous we get, so I sympathize. When Jasmine was spayed, my grand-daughter was working at the vet clinic, and I had her for moral support, and she was allowed to stay with Jasmine during the surgery. I knew there was nothing she could do, but it just made me feel so much better she was there.

Chiwi will be her old self in a couple of days after the surgery, and before you know it, she'll be throwing another wee wee pad party!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Glad that things are OK. If you're like the rest of us, your gonna be on pins and nneedles until the whole surgery thing is over. Just remember, all of our chis recuperated really well from being spayed, even the little chis. Good luck. :) :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Mandi, I am so happy that Chiwi's knees are doing. I know she will do fine with her surgeery.... I will keep the both of you in my thoughts and prayers...

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I am really glad her knees didn't get worse. I can imagine how nervous you are about the spaying because I cried when I left Auggie to get neutered and that is simplier than the spaying. But we will keep positive and it will go fine :wave:

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
Cherry Chihuahua said:
I'm out of date. Whats wrong with her knees?

Oh darl, poor baby Chiwi.
i took her to the vets when she was 5 months old her knees where making bad clicking noises and the vet said that she most likely will need surgery on them if they get worse. i have her on a liqiud form glucosamine since she stopped eating the chewable :roll:

as far as her weight lol she had a bow in her hair and her collar with a bell on it on and she weighed 2.13 pounds i forgot to take her collar off before she was weighed so the vet said probably 2 pounds 10 ounces without her accessories lol.

i was talking to him about spaying her and i sstarted to cry. he asked what my main concerns were and i told him and he reassured me then i said i wanted to bring her home the same day and he said we'll see but he winked at my friend (who i used to work with there, lol i made him come in with me for support) i was so nervous about getting her bloodwork, i thought she would be wiggling and crying but she didn't. the dr took her to the prep room and i poked my head out the door and i didn't hear a peep from her. the vet tech came out and was like oh she was sooo good i can't believe it. they thought she'd be squeeling and fighting to get away.
Ahh. i was interested, because Pepi has no knee caps, and they make clicking noises, and are completely straight and wobble around like noodles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/chi-gal/DSC00126.jpg

Thats the picture, see his back left leg? Yeah.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/chi-gal/DSC00120.jpg

And thats when he got it fixed.

But I don't want to steal Chiwi's thunder. I hope everything goes okay. She might need surgery, pins? pepi has pins in his right leg and he seems to walk on it fine without wincing.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
that must be such a relief , knowing her knees are not getting worse !!
i'm so happy for the both of you ! chiwi will do great during her spay :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
her bloodwork came back all her levels are perfect and she is heartworm negative. so now i have to make the appointment. it will be in august not sure what day her vets in surgery but i'll find out tomorrow. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts