Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Chloe is 10 months old and up until last night had never jumped up on the couch by herself. When she wanted to be up she would put her paws up and bounce up and down until you noticed her and picked her up. We tried to encourage her by giving her a boost up and throwing her toys up and hoping she would follow but she would always just put her paws up and just bounce around until someone picked her up.

Well last night while we were eating dinner my hubby asked "did you leave Chloe on the couch?" (she can't get down either so we never leave her up there) which I didn't so we were puzzled. I went over and put her down and then a minute later she's back on the couch rolling around with her ball - we were speechless. I put her back on the floor and then threw her ball on the couch and in one graceful bound she effortlessly sprung up on the couch!!! She looked so pleased with herself, made us laugh so much. After 8 months of living with us and seeing Axle do it everyday one day it just clicks in her head and she can get on the couch?!?!?! What a silly little monkey, she never ceases to make me laugh and smile, she is definitely the clown of our household.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Haha isn't that peculiar!! My one dog Zoey was very used to being carried everywhere (she's 4lbs and had an accident when she was a pup, so was carried/moved everywhere as she was healing) and its clear she had her previous owners wrapped around her little paw. Despite what we were told; she can do stairs just fine and can even make it onto our couch. But you better believe if someone new comes to visit; she bats her little brown eyes and makes them think she couldn't move an inch. =P

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Rocky was the same way! Toby started jumping as soon as he came home (too soon, but it was truly impossible to stop him!), but Rocky absolutely refused. He saw Toby do it every day and he is bigger than Toby so there is no reason that he couldn't do it. Then one day it clicked and now he lovessss to jump on everything.

It's so funny how crazy these little beasts can be!! LOL.

How is Miss Chloe feeling?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is Miss Chloe feeling?
She's her bouncy perky little self but she still seems a bit uncomfortable after meals. She takes herself to her bed and sits there and licks and stretches her neck from side to side. It only lasts a few minutes now though, not 30 mins to an hour like it did when we first noticed her feeling unwell last week so I think the medication is doing a pretty good job of keeping the reflux in check. She's so good about taking her mediation too. I crush up her pills and dissolve them in a bit of Winston's puppy milk and she drinks it all and licks the bowl clean.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
She's her bouncy perky little self but she still seems a bit uncomfortable after meals. She takes herself to her bed and sits there and licks and stretches her neck from side to side. It only lasts a few minutes now though, not 30 mins to an hour like it did when we first noticed her feeling unwell last week so I think the medication is doing a pretty good job of keeping the reflux in check. She's so good about taking her mediation too. I crush up her pills and dissolve them in a bit of Winston's puppy milk and she drinks it all and licks the bowl clean.
She's such a good girl!!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That reminds me of Hotchi and the stairs lol
He wouldn't come down the stairs until he was almost 7 mo ths old. He would run up the stairs but when we all came back down he would sit at the top and let out a pitiful cry for help haha!!

I can imagine Chloe bouncing for assitance lol It sounds so cute :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's such a good girl!!!!
She really is an angel. The boys are both much more highly strung so if it had to happen to any of them at least it's the one who is super patient and will put up with the vet visits and fussing around and such.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd be getting some of those $25 plastic chocolate brown (once you've taken the fake lambswool off) stairs from those "DailyDeals" type websites, you got a lot of legs to protect nowadays
Will have to. I'm scared I'm going to come home and find she's been stuck up there all day because she still won't get down by herself. Winston is such a smart cookie, he goes over to a particular spot where he can land on a small rug we have just to cover some electrical cords, he lands on that instead of onto the polished boards where he can skid and fall over - clever boy! he can't get up by himself yet unless I leave the doona over the edge and he climbs that. I think i actually preferred it when the majority of them couldn't get up or down by themselves. The look of acomplishment on Chloe's face was priceless though!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Glad she is feeling better. I love the little munchkin. :love2:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Are you sure they aren't twins?!?! Miya's is Sept 16. I'm really experiencing mixed feelings about her 1st bday. Are you with Ax? I'm so happy she's growing into such a awesome dog, but I miss my little baby who needed help getting on the couch at one time...AND THAT DIDN'T BARK haha. It took her a while to start barking.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm really experiencing mixed feelings about her 1st bday. Are you with Ax? I'm so happy she's growing into such a awesome dog, but I miss my little baby who needed help getting on the couch at one time
Well i've still got a little baby (although Mr Winston is growing up quickly too!) so that helps but I do get nostalgic when I look at Ax and Chloe's baby pics. I will post some for Ax's birthday, he was such a tiny, cute, sweet little boy. Now he's a tightly wound little bundle of energy, he still loves to lay on my chest at night and have cuddles though so I guess he will always be my baby boy.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Posting baby pics is such a great idea. I might borrow that idea if you don't mind. A little trip down memory lane. My babygirl is asleep on my lap right now. Hey just remember, that tightly wound bundle of energy can have a sleepover with us anytime!! And Chloe and Winnie too!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Posting baby pics is such a great idea. I might borrow that idea if you don't mind. A little trip down memory lane. My babygirl is asleep on my lap right now. Hey just remember, that tightly wound bundle of energy can have a sleepover with us anytime!! And Chloe and Winnie too!

Of course I don't mind! We would all love to see Miya's baby pics. You should see Chloe's puppy school graduation pic, she was so fat you won't even recognize her!

You will just have to hurry up and move to Australia and we can have puppy play dates all the time!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.