Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chloe got a set of stairs yesterday to get on and off the couch with. It took some work, but now she's using them like a pro! I'm so proud. Especially going down them. She was really scared at first. But now she's doing it without being asked.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Haha, she is just TOO cute! :love2:
I love her frog too. Good job on the stairs, she'll master them in no time.

Oh and I like your voice too, you're so adorable! ;)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, she is just TOO cute! :love2:
I love her frog too. Good job on the stairs, she'll master them in no time.

Oh and I like your voice too, you're so adorable! ;)
Haha I have a strong Southern accent! Thanks though! For some reason, Chloe likes toys that are as big as her. She barely touches the ones I bought that are tiny. haha She's a goofball!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awwww she is doing awesome :), I really need these , was just saying to hubby today we should look into making some
I don't know if y'all have PetSmart down there or not, but that's where we got them. They were on sale. They were supposed to be $45. But they were on sale. I also had a coupon for a free bag of food up to $15. They don't have Chloe's brand so I got another brand that I'm going to donate. It was only $10.99. So they let me use the other $4 of the coupon on the stairs. They ended up being $32.

I love PetSmart. They always send really good coupons. Chloe has gotten one free bath (including nail trim) and then 2 more for only a dollar due to coupons. Then when you check out at the register they give you a coupon for $3 off anything in the store if you fill out a grooming survey. So, basically they are paying us to take Chloe there for baths! haha

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Woohoo! Go Chloe!

We built stairs for Gemma out of boxes and we move them back and forth from the couch and the bed so she can get up and down on her own. She was afraid of going down at first too but she uses them like a pro now! These are just a temporary solution until we can find some good, proper stairs at an affordable price. It's really great having her be able to get up and down on her own. I especially love at night when she sleeps with us and she walks down her stairs on her own to use her pad all by herself like a big girl. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Woohoo! Go Chloe!

We built stairs for Gemma out of boxes and we move them back and forth from the couch and the bed so she can get up and down on her own. She was afraid of going down at first too but she uses them like a pro now! These are just a temporary solution until we can find some good, proper stairs at an affordable price. It's really great having her be able to get up and down on her own. I especially love at night when she sleeps with us and she walks down her stairs on her own to use her pad all by herself like a big girl. :rolleyes:
I really want to get one for our bed, but it's ridiculously high and I can't find stairs that are that tall without costing too much. The bed is 34 inches tall. (I know. It's not my fault. My boyfriend already had it. It has a really thick mattress. Then his mom bought him a sleigh bed before we lived together, and it just made it even more ridiculously tall.) And the only stairs I could find that high is a spiral staircase that cost like $350! I mean Chloe is a princess and all, but I think that's a little much for a chihuahua. haha

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
look at that big girl! Those seem to be a great height for you couch.

I couldn't believe how much some of the stairs cost, but now that we have some...it makes everything so much easier. I don't have to worry about her hurting herself jumping on and off the couch. We use these, they aren't too tall but they work for us.

http://www.amazon.com/TeleBrands-DSPGR2-Deluxe-Doggy-Steps/dp/B000E8HQ9Q

I love watching chloe run around :)

Our bed was really high too because of the thick mattresses..we don't have a frame or anything so we just removed the box spring and have the 1 tall mattress on the ground. It works out great because we want a really low bed.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I really want to get one for our bed, but it's ridiculously high and I can't find stairs that are that tall without costing too much. The bed is 34 inches tall. (I know. It's not my fault. My boyfriend already had it. It has a really thick mattress. Then his mom bought him a sleigh bed before we lived together, and it just made it even more ridiculously tall.) And the only stairs I could find that high is a spiral staircase that cost like $350! I mean Chloe is a princess and all, but I think that's a little much for a chihuahua. haha
Wow, that's a tall bed! Our bed is just a tiny bit taller than our couch, so the stairs we built work for both. $350 is insane. I don't even want to spend $50, lol.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
What a baby doll she is!! That video is soooo precious. Chloe is definitely a princess worthy of that $350.00 sprial staircase, but then again it's not my $$. LOL

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Megan, check walgreens or one of those drug stores. We found some cheap ones there that are pretty good quality.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts