Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after her dinner, which she was excited for as usual, Chloe became lethargic and was cowering and licking. After about an hour she snapped out of it and was back to her usual perky self.

This morning she was doing zoomies is in the kitchen while I was making her breakfast but after she ate it same thing, lethargic, doesn't want to move, cowering, licking, just looking generally miserable. I've decided to go into work late so I can take her to the vet this morning, they open in half an hour so I will take her straight in.

Please keep you fingers crossed for my little princess.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I will keep her in my thoughts. Hopefully it is nothing serious. You did the right
thing by bringing her in Sarah. Better safe than sorry. Sending lots of love and
healing wishes Chloe's way. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I hope you get reassuring news from the vet. It sounds like she is in pain. We had a frenchie who acted exactly like that and turns out it was intervertebral disc disease which is very painful. Hang in there. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
C'mon girl, it's nearly midday and I'm all cramped up from keeping everything crossed!

There's got to be some good news by now, something simple like, "The cool evening and morning southern air are found to be quite disagreeable to your Princess Mrs Jones"

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the vet thought what I thought, that because it's so immediate after she eats it could be a partial obstruction in her upper GI tract. Apart from her being slightly dehydrated the vet couldn't see anything wrong with her from the physical examination so that is a good sign. I had to leave her there, which broke my heart coz she was clawing to try and stay with me, and she will be sedated and have a barium x-ray to see if there is anything in her esophagus or stomach. She will be done early in the afternoon and then my husband will go and pick her up as he finishes work earlier than I do.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes, I will update once I hear something.

I got her weighted and she is a petite 2.1kg or 4.6lb - the vet said she looked like she was a perfect weight and remarked on her super shiny coat but had never heard of ZiwiPeak and was concerned I was feeding her an all meat diet - I assured her that ZP was a balanced complete diet and said she should google it coz its awesome. I got her patellas checked since she has this weird eggbeater action in her hind legs instead of the straight through action of both of the boys but apparently they are 100% ok so that's a relief. She will also have her retained baby tooth pulled while she is under sedation.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
oh Chloe baby honey sugar sweetheart :( Miya and I are so sad to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope that when you go under, everything goes great and you wake up and are right back to beating up your brothers! As far as the dehydration..your mom probably already knows this, but pet water fountains encourage you animals to drink more. We have this one Amazon.com: Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain: Pet Supplies and it's great. It's cool bcuz the water is constantly cold and flowing so Miya and Taji drink lots o' water. The only bad thing is I have to clean it pretty often (weekly). Have you ever heard of these?

I hope you get to feeling better very soon. I'll be thinking about you.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh Chloe baby honey sugar sweetheart Miya and I are so sad to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope that when you go under, everything goes great and you wake up and are right back to beating up your brothers! As far as the dehydration..your mom probably already knows this, but pet water fountains encourage you animals to drink more. We have this one
Amazon.com: Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain: Pet Supplies
Amazon.com: Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain: Pet Supplies and it's great. It's cool bcuz the water is constantly cold and flowing so Miya and Taji drink lots o' water. The only bad thing is I have to clean it pretty often (weekly). Have you ever heard of these?

I hope you get to feeling better very soon. I'll be thinking about you.
I haven't seen those, they look pretty cool. Mine just get water from our reverse ozmosis system in a bowl refilled every morning. Usually they all drink plenty (and pee plenty!) but this morning I couldn't get Chloe to drink. I will mix up some nutrical with some wather and syringe it into her mouth tonight if she's not feeling up to drinking - poor baby girl :(

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
reverse osmosis system, what's that? I'm intrigued. Tell me more
It's a super effective water filtration system that gets every bit of nastiness out of your water, it will turn seawater into drinking water. We got it because my hubby wants a saltwater fish tank and those fish are super temperamental and will just up and die on you if you don't have your water treatment 100% up to scratch. We don't have the tank yet but he saw the system on sale so he grabbed it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.