Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chloe is almost all the way potty trained. She's had one accident in the last week and a half or two weeks. She is not one of those dogs that pees when she's excited either. It's never happened. Ever. All of the sudden on Wednesday, she peed a little on my boyfriend when he came home from work. The next day she peed a little on the carpet a few times, but she obviously wasn't emptying her whole bladder. Then I had her on our bed and she peed a little again. It's not normal peeing either. She's not even squatting some of the times. So, I started paying more attention to how she was acting. She was licking her lady parts more than normal, too. So, being a nurse and being really curious I looked at her vagina and noticed it was a little swollen. So, I took her to the vet. We just got back.

Normally with big dogs, they said you just take them outside and when they start to pee you stick a container below them to catch it. Well, that doesn't really work with a two pound princess who hardly walks on a leash and uses puppy pads. So after trying and trying to get her to pee with no success, the doctor just decided that we are going to act like it's a UTI due to her symptoms. After a week of antibiotics (Amoxicillin) We'll see if she's any better. If not we will have to leave her at the vet while they get a urine sample.

Once we got home, Chloe fought taking the antibiotics when I tried to give it to her, but once she actually tasted it she liked it and started trying to lick the counter where some of it spilled. haha Then she ran over to the puppy pad and peed.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
oh no. Glad that you took her in tho. Hopefully the meds work and it is a UTI and not something more serious. I'll be keeping an eye out for your updates.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Lindsay, I hope her symptoms clear up soon. If you get a chance please update us on how it goes. Big kiss to Chloe.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's doing good. She hadn't dribbled any since early this morning. She loves her antibiotics. It's the amoxicillin that taste like bubble gum. She thinks it's a treat. Haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts