Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped a few photos of the girls today outside testing their new doggie horse blankets out.

Squinty girl

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Those look warm and waterproof. Great choice! They look gorgeous together.

brodysmom

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh such warmth, btw Noras back of her legs look just like My Chewys. So what Nora has my Blue Chi Chewy has it as well.
It's gotta be associated witht he blue coat color i'm assuming.

I feel so bad- her furr on her back and legs is so thin- she's naked LOL no wonder she gets so cold

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
It's gotta be associated witht he blue coat color i'm assuming.

I feel so bad- her furr on her back and legs is so thin- she's naked LOL no wonder she gets so cold
His just skin on his back legs, he has hardly any hair on the back half of his body, but he is really fuzzy on his neck and behind his ears. Blue is a gift and a curse.

He isnt as naked as my hairless Chinese crested. lol

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL a friend of mine has a CC and I said to myself...well she could be that naked.. at leasts she has a little hair.

When I got her I was like WOW I hope she has a gorgeous blue coat like Tucker (Jesse's chihuahua)... both her mom and her dad had nice long coats... didn't expect this- should figured I always pick dogs with some kind of problem haha! Chloe and her food allergies now Nora and her straggle butt.

Well she is my sweetie naked or furry.. wouldn't have changed my mind one bit if I knew the day I picked her out. I think it gives her character- plus my mom bought her that coat because she felt bad for her hehehe.. Nora gets gifts out of it

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
LOL a friend of mine has a CC and I said to myself...well she could be that naked.. at leasts she has a little hair.

When I got her I was like WOW I hope she has a gorgeous blue coat like Tucker (Jesse's chihuahua)... both her mom and her dad had nice long coats... didn't expect this- should figured I always pick dogs with some kind of problem haha! Chloe and her food allergies now Nora and her straggle butt.

Well she is my sweetie naked or furry.. wouldn't have changed my mind one bit if I knew the day I picked her out. I think it gives her character- plus my mom bought her that coat because she felt bad for her hehehe.. Nora gets gifts out of it
I agree I was hoping the same thing with Chewy is Dad is a blue tri and his mom is a faded lavender. I was praying he would have nice thick coat like my kirby but that got shot out of the water. But now we have JayJay and he is half related to Chewy.(same dad) and he looks hopeful about having a nice thick blue coat. oh I hope and crosses my fingers he does. :D

Even though Sky is a Hairy Hairless and still cant go outside with out a sweater. Need to buy him sum PJs or Jogging Suits. Poor naked guy lol.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Schroeder just got a new coat like Chloe's only his is black (was the only color besides pink the store had besides pink and I thought that'd just be unfair haha)

They both look great, I think Nora's jacket compliments her colors well. Where did you get them? Phoebe needs one like Nora's in that its shorter, the jackets like this i've seen have all been long on her.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! I got them at a local pet store. They sell similar onesat doversaddlery or and orvis.com.

I have seen cuter and more stylish coats - but none that are completely waterproof and as warm. I really wanted to get them something practical over looks this year

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I felt the same way this year. Schroeder doesn't mind the cold like Phoebe so he actually needs something that will keep him warm. I also liked that it had the hook for the leash on the actual jacket, and the straps seem secure to me, and it doesn't seem he can slip out of it, so hopefully he wont need a harness as well on walks, because his Puppia was rubbing his skin some on our longer walks.
Thanks for the links I'm going to check them out now!

Also good to know for Halpert. I know some people buy Pony Blankets for their Danes and I see one that you get to color/design yourself with markers. Uh Oh! ;)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also love that I can clip her leash and use it like a harness- because I can't walk her using her collar, everytime I do she goes into a reverse sneezing fit. I like the straps to- they can't slip off like all the other coats I have tried on them. They were more $$ but are made so much better than any other coat I have ever come accross.

If they aren't the right size for you I have other websites with similar products- let me know!

There is also a company called 'WeatherBeeta' they are popular in the horse world (so i am told) but they also make dog blankets.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts