Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked little Chloe up from getting spayed. I feel so bad for the poor little thing. :( She obviously doesn't feel good and didn't even want to come out of her carrier. I managed to get her out and I put her on her little doggie bed. A few minutes later she started licking her sutures *sigh* so I made a make shift collar from a hand towel and a rubber band so it looks like she has this huge thick scarf on. Well she's not happy about that in the least and is just sitting there not moving a muscle - the poor little thing won't even lay back down and looks like she is falling asleep sitting up. Then the position she was in looked really uncomfortable with her head leaning up against the pen so I gently went to pick her up and OMG she let out the worst little cry and kept crying and crying and I didn't touch her incision site or anything - I just gently lifted her with one hand under her tush and the other hand supporting her chest. Just as I'm typing this she finally layed back down but whimpered sadly as she layed down. OMG I know this was what was best for her but I feel horrible for her right now. My toy poodle keeps going up to the outside of the pen whining and sniffing at her too so I know she too feels bad for her. :( Hopefully a little later on she will eat a little something and be more of her self tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aww poor little sweetheart. I'm glad it's over for her and that she's at home resting with you. She'll be back to herself before you know it. :) x

·
Registered
22 Posts
I somewhat know what your going through with Mine getting her teeth cleaned and 3 pulled today. I wouldn't want to see her going through that, but like you said, in the long run it will be better for her after this short healing session. Good luck and best wishes for the little one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts