Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...she just had to show off more of her new red puppia ;-)

I also splurged and got her two more- a green and a blue one with flowers... I can't help myself with those puppia harnesses they are just all so adorable.

she loves to play fetch with me

trying to get Leroy's stick

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
wow leroy is a big boy! there is a german shorthair pointer in my building that i see everyday on my way to work and i always think of leroy when i see him - they are so adorable.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Those puppia harnesses are wonderful. I have one for Coco and Cooper. Cooper can't wear his yet, as I ordered the medium and it's a bit too big but within a couple of months, he'll need it and I didn't want to have to get another one.

They are quality and adorable and worth the money. I feel quite safe walking a 4 lb. dog in them.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.. I actually get her puppias from ebay... they are pretty cheap and some sellers have free shipping :)

I can't believe how big Leroy has gotten either... he grows everyday or so it seems.

I got Chloe a medium in the red she is wearing in the picture and it is still big on her... so I order her others in small... I figured the medium will especially be good for winter in case I want to put a fleece or sweater under it to keep her warm :D

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Your pictures of Chloe are awesome. I should get you to come up here to Canada and take some of my two demons. They don't sit still long enough to have their pics taken. I think I will get a puppia for both my boys. I really like the look of them.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yay! Chloe pictures!

She is sooo pretty and the red Puppia looks stunning on her :D We take our chis to run around the tennis court as well, lol. They love it.

Puppia harnesses are addicting... Chloe has 2 of them, and Rylie has 3... however, Rylie doesn't like the over the head ones so we use the Puppia vests for her. She's an XS in the over the head one and it's tough to get it over her huge apple head... but the small is way too big on her! Chloe wears a size small.

Once Tucker grows I'm going to order him his own Puppia... he's been using Rylie's XS, but it's HUGE on him... his legs slip out constantly, so we generally walk him off leash for now.

Annnnd I've rambled!

Check out the New York Dog Shop online... they have some great deals occasionally on Puppias.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jes, I LOVE that shop!

I could spend hours shopping for puppias hahaha.. my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy buying her so many.. but I don't care I love so many.

Rylie must be so small, how small is she? Chloe hates the over the head ones too because we have a hell of a time getting them off..they go on fine but I can't pull it back over her big ass head after hahah

They came out with a new Puppia called "Puppia Ritefit" for dogs with bigger heads...they are over ther head harness but you can adjust the size for dogs that have fitting problems.. I ordered a green one for Chloe I will let you know how she does with it.

http://wetnoseboutique.com/hanewforss204.html

thats the ritefit

I also am going to try a small regular one because I couldn't resist it's cuteness... I think your Chloe has the same one.. but I ordered a blue one (the one with flowers on it)

The last time I tried an over the head one with my Chloe she fit into the XS perfect but couldn't get it off of her easily... and the small was way to big.. but now that she is older I am crossing my fingers that it will fit her better.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I think I may order a couple of new Puppias today... lol. I like the zebra print ones and the striped ones. The vests don't work out too well for Rylie because she's inbetween sizes on them... ugh. I'm thinking of trying one of the Puppia dress harnesses for her, because the velcro ones work out best for her.

Rylie weighs right around 4lbs. The ritefit sounds like a good idea... let me know how it works out with Chloe.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will let you know for sure... I hate when they are between sizes.. Chloe had a puppia step in vest in small but it started getting too tight on her so I tried a medium and its kinda big..you can kinda see in the pictures it's loose

So hopefully the ritefit will solve that problem

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
She really is a pretty chi.....and those are great pics! Where did you get the puppia? I wonder if they have them at petco or petsmart?
i got mine from ebay too, about $20 +
and no they dont have anything like those at petco or petsmart and if they did they'll be charging an arm and leg worth...they overcharge there with the bullysticks which i think is ridiculous because of how good they are for dogs teeth...what a shame (sorry just had to add my 2cents)

on with the thread :) ebay has lotsa great products for dogs :) for a good price as well, a lot of things are free shipping too
oh and! they also have them at more fancy type dog stores ^_^

·
Registered
136 Posts
She looks so cute in it. And she looks like she's having fun! I saw a yorkie today at the dog park wearing one of the same color.

I bought my Nacho a vest one because he doesn't like stuff going over his head. Unfortunately, they smallest they offer in the vest one is size small and even though they say order a size bigger in the vest, it's way too big on him. I don't think he'll ever grow into it. It's a shame too, he'd look cute wearing it (it's the camo colored one).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts