Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a show 5 miles away and classes start at 11am and another 10 miles away classes starting at 1pm. Both have the same Companion classes

For Novelty classes the nearest show has

Best Local dog
Most handsome dog
Best Brace
Judge like to take home

The other has

Handsome dog
Best Tricks
Judges choice

Which would you go to?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Are you thinking of going this weekend? After he's just got out of the hospital from being so ill? I would say to stay home and not go to any dog shows for awhile and let his system recover. He could have a setback if you take him out so soon after being so very sick.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That did cross my mind and I am gonna see how he is in the morning, he coped fine at the beach and he did loads more than he would at any dog show while there.

My OH kept him on the lead most of the time then let him have some free time and he loved it.

If he looks peeky or tired or I have any doubts then we wont go, after all there are always shows to go to

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Jake is racing around, playing and full of himself, I am gonna go to the nearest one as its only a few minutes away and if Jake gets tired I can be back home in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
881 Posts
How did you guys get on today? You have really caught the showing bug havnt you lol
You use the new show lead you brought at bath or are you saving it for ur new pup?
You heard anything back from you know who about the puppy? He sent you a photo yet? (Don't think its wise to let anyone know who its from just yet)
Xxx

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Louise

We went to the show and it was a very slow affair which for Jake was good as it meant he got loads of rest, I took his new crate and put in an extra blanket and took a warm coat for him. He doesn't like his crate and spent most of his time either wanting to jump about and play or immitate being a parrot.

Jake got a 3rd, 4th and 5th and the 5th rosette was lovely all white. I was very pleased as the Judge prefered big breeds of dogs. I was talking to Hollie and it was her that noticed the judges preferences as she barely glanced at Jake and Gucci in the puppy class. But its all expereince for me and that's what counts. Later on I could see Jake was getting tired and then the rain came so I decided to not bother with the other classes I had entered and took Jake home. Once home he was like a spitfire racing around and playing. He then had a short sleep and for about 4 hrs all he has wanted to do is play, I'm shattered lol

I do use his new show lead but seen a better one while at the Southern Counties. The nicer one I saw was £35 and I am gonna get one for the puppy and carry on using the leather one I got at Bath for Jake.

I haven't got an email yet but **** did say it would take a few days, so If I don't hear anything tomorrow I am gonna phone up as I would like to arrange a day for me to go and see the pup.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Aww glad he did well and it didn't tire him out to much, how did hollie and gucci do? I guess that was jake's last puppy class too only 4 days till perry and jake are big boys lol :( realy miss having a puppy to train.
Let me know when u get the pic of the puppy. I'm so excited for you and jealous :)
xxx

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I am really hoping I get a pic tomorrow, the puppy class today was unbelieveable for 6 months to............................... 2yrs... Yes that is not a typo... a few competitors grumbled about it but as I was there for experience and fun I wasn't too bothered.

What was interesting was after the judge finished judging the second class which I wasn't in she came over to me and said mentioned Jakes teeth and that the novelty classes where better for me. I politely replied that the pedigree classes where for me to gain experience and she was really nice.

I wondered if she over heard Hollie say to me about her prefering bigger dogs, but it never stopped her giving me a 3rd and 4th rosette.

I have some lovely photos to sort out and post.

Are you going to the Leeds champ Show? I have got a schedule for Windosr but not the East of England show

·
Registered
881 Posts
Nope I'm not doing leads, just Border Union, windsor and east of england. I will only do a few befor Crufts now we have qualified him it will be a waste of money really.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts