Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I think it's natural to be concerned! My Kahlua is a little hoover and any time something drops to the floor she's the first to the scene so I usually end up diving to try getting it before her while shouting "Leave it!" lol. I just try making sure that all of their chews are BIG; so that they can't fit it in their mouths. And with chihuahuas it's not hard to find larger treats, LOL.
Sorry for the loss of your kitty. <3

ETA: oh, and as far as while you're at work; I suggest setting up a play pen for him. Have one side equipped with a potty pad, or grass patch or litter box or newspaper (LOL, whatever you prefer) and the other side, have a blankey, water dish, and some BIG chewies to keep him occupied. KONGS make awesome chew toys that you can fill with peanut butter & freeze. I got a pink rubber disc ball thingie for Kahlua from Theresa (Amberleah's mommy) for the Fall exchange and all my dogs just love it. I can fill different parts up with PB filling; and it's chew-proof for all of mine so I don't worry that they can swallow any pieces while I'm gone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts