Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I am going to get another chi to add to my two girls, and am having the darndest time choosing which one I want.
Any tips on what to look for with a chocolate long hair? She's got 3, one is dark choco with a white collar, one is all choco with some tan around eyes/nose and one is a lighter choco with some tan and white markings.
They are all so cute I just can't decide on who to get. Help!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I vote for all of them =D Then again I may have a tiny addiction to the chocolate chi's... so I spose I'm not a very bias opinion hehe.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
They are obviously all cute, so go with the one who is drawn to you, let the pup pick her new family.
Select the one that suits your temperament best. There is always one that stands out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK ladies, here is the pic I have of the 3 to choose from :) I am going to pay a deposit this Saturday, and they are only 4 weeks old so I don't know that I'll see much personality yet. The chocos go quick for her though so I don't want to miss out this time as I have in the past. What do ya think? BTW I don't know if anyone ever saw the movie the Labyrinth, but I'm naming him after the fox, Sir Didymus "Diddy" for short lol.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't think you can make a "wrong" choice they are all cute. I love the little joker with the tongue out though, I think it has the most striking markings.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Well, they are darling!
Depends what you like and your preference. The little one on the left looks as if he may be a redder brown, the little one in the middle has the nose and head that I like best and he appears that he may stay a bit darker. The little one on the right seems colored somewhere in-between.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
They are all beautiful. I just went through the trying to pick from a litter of 3 it's so hard since of course they are all so cute!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am having such a hard time as you can see! I really do love the one on the left, seems to be a bit more 'red' and would fit the name better. Plus he looks fun lol.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I like the one in the middle as well. But they are all cute. IMO the MOST important thing is the personality. You don't want one that acts withdrawn or frightened...and you don't want one that has a real dominant/alpha type vibe either.
Here is a pic of my little LC chocolate guy when he was a baby and him now @ 9 mos.

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I like the one in the middle too. There's something about his face that I like. They are all adorable. Can the breeder tell you anything about their personalities yet? Maybe at least which pup seems to be the boldest or the most timid? I used to raise cockers and you could a lot about them even when they were still nursing.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I like the one in the middle as well. But they are all cute. IMO the MOST important thing is the personality. You don't want one that acts withdrawn or frightened...and you don't want one that has a real dominant/alpha type vibe either.
Here is a pic of my little LC chocolate guy when he was a baby and him now @ 9 mos.

Good Luck!!!
Wow, Finn's face changed a lot. His stop is much more pronounced than when he was a puppy. It fascinates me to see the pictures of the puppy vs. the adult. He is very beautiful, btw.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She said right now they are still blind, (i think they are 3 weeks actually) and "little blobs who don't do much but sleep and nurse" but I am going to visit this Saturday and see if they have any kind of personalities yet.
That middle one looks a lot like your Finn it looks like!

DECISIONS DECISIONS this is so hard!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts