Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if something were to happen to your chihuahua, when the time was right, would you
A. Get another chihuahua identical to the
one you had
B. get another chihuahua , but looks different
C. Get a different breed
D. Not get anything

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I am not quite sure actually. As a second dog we would always talk about getting a different breed , but I think I would always tend to having a Chihuahua.
I wouldn't want one identical to my previous Chi (so like Rocky) but I always tend to like the red / red-sable and white Chis best.
I don't think I would get a puppy though but instead give a home to an unwanted Chi instead.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
It has always been Chihuahuas for us, so that it is given.

Mick was fawn colored so after we lost him all I knew is that I wanted a female and NOT fawn colored. I was not looking for a replacement for him and thought it would be too easy to compare.

So, we got Hope who is cream and of course, a girl.

We knew Mick had health issues that literally gave him just months to live. We literally got her within days of losing him. We had no other pets and our children were grown and out of our home. It was toooo quiet and sad.

She sure changed that!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
B. a second chi that looks different. I think if we got another black chi that looked like Gino I would have a hard time with it. Almost like I would be replacing him even though that's not possible. After Gino passed, we adopted a tan short coat Mojo who looks nothing like Gino did.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I will get another chihuahua, because I love the breed. I feel like many on here feel--that Lulu is absolutely irreplacable. I adore her, but I'm Ok if, when the time comes, the dog I choose favors her. After all, Gidget looks just like Lacy because all Maltese look very much alike, but she acts very different. As gorgegous as long hair chis are I would look for a light-colored, short-haired chi with a timid/shy personality. That is what I prefer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'd go with C. Possibly B.

As much as I love Stella's looks and personality, I think it'd be too painful to have one so similar to her.
I'd rescue another dog. I've always wanted a Doberman, so perhaps I'd contact a doberman rescue. Or Chihuahua rescue, because I've become very fond of the breed. But more than likely, I'd go to a shelter and adopt a mutt.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Id wait a while to recooperate and adopt a rescue chi, shelter chi or an unwanted chi. I have a thing for dogs and chi's that have eyebrows lol but i think in this case id get a diff color.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I will most likely get a chi or another small breed dog. But it will take me a while and time to grieve. When I lost Quizno I got Cuddles the same week. They looked almost indentical. It took me a VERY long to bond with her because she remind me so much of Quizno. We are bonded now. But that was a lesson learned the hard way for me.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Every one has good answers,and it appears most people feel the same.With us ,Molly was bigger built and tan color,Maggie is smaller built black/cream and Missy is taller built black/tan/white.It seems the only color we havent tried is blue or white.I guess when that time rolls( around hopefully in long long years away)we will decide then what our heart wants to go with.I love the looks of the long haired.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I don't know if I'd get another one or not but if I did it would have to be a different colour. One of the reasons I decided against a king Charles spaniel was that they all look pretty alike and although my spaniel died 17 years ago I'm not sure I could handle a dog that looked like her. Ironically though my last chi was black and tan but she was female and very different in personality and facial markings to Mylo so he seems different.

·
Registered
873 Posts
3 weeks ago, I had to consider things without Daisy. We really thought we'd loose her.

Now she's getting better, me and mum were talking about her and we both agreed that if anything did happen , we would have to get another chi as soon as possible. The thought of not having a little furry butt pestering us isn't a nice thought.

We wouldn't be replacing her, so I wouldn't want to find something identical. Nothing could take Daisys place.

We have said that Daisy needs a sister though. So if anything happened, we wouldn't have such a huge void as we would have had if things hadn't gone so well 2 weeks ago.

So yes, I would get another chi. A chi is perfect for our family. But I wouldn't replace her. It would be to help fill the massive gap she'd leave.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I would definitely get another Chihuahua that looked different. It would be too painful having another identical to the one lost.

Although my last Chi didn't pass away, I got Gemma to fill the void in my heart that I felt after leaving her. I left her with my family when I moved to Sweden and since the day I left I was heartbroken without her. It took me a bit of time to be ready for another Chihuahua, but when I was ready I got Gemma and she has made me so happy. My family Chi is a red coat with a liver nose and slightly tipped ears. Gemma looks completely different with her blue fawn coat, blue mask with black nose and straight ears.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would get another chihuahua, but not one that looked the same. My Ren is a tan short-hair. I prefer the look of short-hair (and it's easier on my allergies), so I'd stick with that, but go with a different color entirely. He's only a few months old so hopefully that won't be something I have to deal with for many, many years. But I have loved chihuahuas for 20 years (when my sister got one), and have wanted my own for almost that long. So I would most likely get another one after a mourning period.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I might get another but not one that looked like her. I would go to a shelter though and get a dog this time as Kalisee was given to us. I would not spend alot of money to buy a dog ever. So, heaven forbid something happens to my girl, I guess after a time I would go to a shelter but it would probably be a long time after.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.