Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anything for me in there?

Adorable figurines from my daughter Paige and her fiance Will. And they look JUST like Tango and Jazz! (one of my granddaughters in the background)

Cameron's girlfriend Cole made this adorable chihuahua tote bag for me.

And this whimsical plaque of Tango (more detail in later photo) And yes, I look like I'm crying because just before that, I opened a gift from Paige, and it was a "mother of the bride" shirt. She's getting married in two weeks and I'm pretty emotional about it....in a good way :D

Here's a close-up of the figurines

A closeup of the plaque

Another closeup of it, plus next to it is a small bulletin board/corkboard Cole also made.

And my little chihuahua themed Christmas display ;)

Another closeup of the top of that little tree

And finally, an ornament that Paige got me last year when she went to Gatlinburg (the same trip in which her boyfriend proposed!)

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Congrats on your daughters wedding to be. :)

I love all the things. I love also the bulletin board/corkboard that Cole made for you sooo cute.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, all! The plaque that Cole made for Tango is so funny to me. The first time Cole met my dogs, she said something about Tango reminding her of either a pirate or a distinguished gentleman. I laughed so hard when I saw that plaque, because she combined both those concepts into one, with the pirate's eye patch, yet the topcoat and cravat! She's working on another plaque for Jazz, but she was very apologetic that she didn't get it finished in time for Christmas. Please! The plaque, the bag, the corkboard are just WONDERFUL!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sounds like you hit the jackpot with lovely gifts!! They're great!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Oh wow~ what amazing gifts! :D:D:D

Congratulations on your daughters wedding! I hope she'll be very happy! :D:D

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Such lovely gifts. :) I love the picture (is it painted?) of tango. Really neat!!
Congrats!

It sure is! I have lots of pics of my dogs on facebook, and she copied several of them to work with, just so she had some reference. She free-handed the initial drawing/outline, and then sketched in the details she wanted to add, and finished by painting the image with acrylics. While it's not an exact likeness of Tango, I think she did a lovely job of capturing his character......part rascal and part gentleman :D

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beautiful!
I LOVE the Plaque! Where did she get it from?
Thanks. Cole made it! She started out with just the piece of raw wood cut to shape, and she stained the wood then sketched the image on it, then painted it with acrylics (I think she said acrylics.) It's completely hand done from start to finish. I'm VERY proud of it, and of her! Can't wait for the one of Jazz she's also working on, she just couldn't get it finished in time for Christmas. She made all the Christmas gifts she gave out, she's very talented.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts