Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the forum, I rescued my two chi's october 25 of this year. after rescuing them a little while after we found out one of our girls was pregnant. we are not sure how far along she is. she is going for another check up and x ray to see how many puppies. they have also told me that she might need a c section if the puppies are too big. we applied for the care credit and was approved for the surgery if we need it. i hope we dont. since we dont know what kind of dog the dad is we need to make sure she can deliver them. I am worried about my girl. i posted a pix of her and her sister. they are from what the vet says chi/jrt mix. sister looks like a jrt and zoey a chi but they are both about 9 to 10 lbs.. our vet is great has been doing regular check ups on her and khloe the sister had ruptured anal glands so she was unable to get fixed just yet. she got all her shots and also antibiotic for the infection so she goes back next week. zoey (mommy to be) is going in the am at 10. fingers crossed that she doesnt need a c section..

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Welcome, I hope the vet gives her a all clear on a natural delivery...you just never know with these little dogs though. Sure would like to see some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well vet visit went great she has 6 little ones on the way he said she is 50 to 55 days along and the puppies look great. the size of them also look very good for her to have a natural delivery.. He says she looks great and we might have christmas puppies..lol

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Awwww she is a cutie. Bless you for rescuing her. I hope you have a smooth delivery, but it sounds like you have your bases covered if she doesn't (care credit). She is really sweet, with a cute ole fat belly :p You might want to make sure to have either a heat lamp or a heating pad on low for her & the pups, chi's have a hard time with the temperatures at first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she is a chi /jrt mix and not pregnant she runs about 10lbs so she is not a toy chi by any means. the vet said 6 puppies is just fine and normal for mixed and larger chi's.. we do also have her whelping box completely ready and she goes in very often to just get away and relax. we do aslo have a heat lamp and a digital thermometer in there so we know the exact temp and yes it is near the ground due to the temp change on the floor. we also have puppy milk and bottles just in case she refuses to feed them. you never know. We have gather all the supplies i could possible need. I have alot of research as to the things need for mommy and the pups and also if i need to help mommy. We have homes for 3 puppies already waiting for there new family members.. the other 3 we will keep looking. just being picky due to wanting them to have there forever home ... some people like the idea of a new put but not the responsibly time or money to keep that pet happy and healthy for its hole life.. so being very picky as to who they go to...

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I always thought rescues spayed bitches before rehoming?? Maybe that's just here

So glad you're looking after be sure to have er spayed after the pups are weaned good luck with the whelping

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no this was not threw an agency or anything. this was a friend of a friend knew i loved animals and that she knew of a lady that had 2 chi's and a husky and kept seeing these poor dogs bandaged up and in horrible shape. she lived next door. so i contacted the woman and basically told her i would take them off her hands. she was very willing to give them up she was afraid some one was going to call aspca on her. they were not fixed nor up to date and my vet said due to the scars they have had to be abused for awhile. khloe has no fur on her one back leg. and they are still learning how to play. i have never seen a dog afraid to play. but from i get there husky thought the chi's were the play toys... literally.. they will both be fixed after the puppies. khloe stil have 2 more check ups for the ruptured anal glands before she can get fixed but she is not micro chipped and utd on shots. then when the puppies are 7 weeks old mommy here will be getting fixed also. this will be our first and last littler...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how do i get the pix to post here? i can only post the link? i got the dogs x mas cards done and i see people have pix by there reply and at the end of a post how do i do that?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts