Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really know how to put this but I'll give it a bash lol Well Cici pees and poos in her pen on her doggy pad. She uses it fine. When she needs a number 2 she goes to her pad, although she can never make it drop! like she'll do the toilet and it will be still hanging off her, so then she runs under my bed as if she thinks she's done something wrong and it drops as she runs, and I can't give her into trouble because she done the toilet on her pad but it just doesn't fall off straight away, so she isn't being bad or anything, but it always happens! anyone else have this dilema or is it just me lol? I mean it's not a big deal or anything, I just feel sorry for her because she puts on this really sad face as if 'mommy I didn't mean for it to drop here don't shout at me!' ha.

Oh and this is a randum thing flung in but I was just playing with Cici there, and I'm telling you she makes the strangest noises sometimes, it actually always sounds like she's meowing at me it's so darn cute! :D

RANT OVER!

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with what you're feeding her ?What food do you use ? Have you tried trimming her bottom,is it getting stuck on her fur ? How old is she ? Must be distressing for her as well as you

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she is on james wellbeloved, good ingrediants and shes been on it for ages. Shes around 9 months old, and no it's not getting stuck on her fur shes just not waiting long enough for it to come off, it dosen't happen all the time

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think you may need to change her food, and also don't have any reaction when this happens. She is young and seems allot of anxiety is forming around this situation. Maybe add a little pumpkin to her food, and do you take her out for walks to eliminate ?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
James wellbeloved isn't a very good food look on the dog food analysis site

The only time my girls get stuck is if they've eaten hair (I moult a lot)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts

I was going to say this as well. Dogs hoover a lot and also pick things up when playing with toys like hair, thread strands, etc. I'd make sure she doesn't have anything sorta holding it on. If her stools are solid, and not soft, it could be something like that holding it on there. The only thing you can do to prevent it really is to vaccum really good daily.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

I agree, James Wellbeloved isn't as good as you might think. Louie was on Jwb when I adopted him but we have now changed to Orijen. His bowl movements are now alot smaller and less in quantity, and his coat is silky smooth to touch. And best of all he absolutely loves it. I would recommend Orijen or Acana. Dont be put off by the price, you will be suprised just how long a bag lasts. My boy only gets 50g a day, which is alot less than when we were feeding Jwb.

Heres a link to the dog food analysis database, take a look at JWB and then compare it to the likes of Orijen and Acana
Dry dog food alphabetical index - kibble starting by A

Louie sometimes has 'hangers' but for the same reason! I moult alot to ha ha

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey is scared of her poo and starts running away from it before it gets a chance to get out. She is fed Ziwipeak and Orijen. We just take her out to poo now but she still runs before it is all the way out so I can feel your pain. I was picking up poo but she always started on her pad so what are we to do, that is why my DH just takes her now as soon as he gets home from work and she only poos once per day, she will wait till he gets home to go out. But pees on the pad just fine.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Heidi is just the same. She starts with good intentions on the puppy pad but then tends to walk off before its come out! I sometimes find poop on the dog bed or a few feet into the kitchen beyond the pad. I never tell her off for it coz she did mean well.:)
It doesnt help that she is a terrible fluff eater as well, Im often pulling fluff out of her mouth. With 3 dogs, me and 7 hairy cats I think Ive just learnt to live with it!!:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well at least I know now that Fifi's poop habits are "sort of" normal for a Chi! She has figured out her own solution to the "stuck poop" problem. First, as she's assuming the squat position, she starts a little staccato tap-dance with her back feet, this gets faster and faster as she's squatting. Then as the business is being done (ahem) she starts spinning round and round, still doing her little dance. So, she uses a combination of vibration and centrifugal force to solve the stuck poop problem.

A smart little creature is Fifi, and rather entertaining to watch when she does her poops - but not so fun to clean up after. I have to search around in the grass afterwards (using a flashlight at night) to find all the little bits spread around, but I think maybe in the spring I'll be able to rent her out to the neighbours as a fertilizer spreader!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts