Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clara Bow's tongue hangs out a lot. I don't know if it is because she has lost most of her baby teeth or because she is a bit "special". I love her to death and I knew when I got her she could have issues, but I am wondering if this is just a phase. She will be 6 months old, should she have big teeth by now?

Getting ready for our morning walk, look how chunky Clara Bow is :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, that is too cute!! Marley went through a very short phase at about that age when he lost some of his front teeth when his tongue hung out on occassion. But it doesn't anymore since his teeth have grown in. I thought it was funny! Some Chi's actually always have a tongue that sticks out. I think because of 1)they don't have teeth to hold it in or 2)they have quite an overbite. I bet it's a phase for her. :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
The breeders i got Moe from has a Chi that had his tongue sticking all the time. Chihuahuas have really long tongues for how small they are so it's a common thing for that to happen. That's what i was told anyway. :) I think its cute and she is beautiful.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it must be a phase. I just checked her mouth and she has little buds coming in on the bottom. It only sticks out a little it the front. Whew!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The breeders i got Moe from has a Chi that had his tongue sticking all the time. Chihuahuas have really long tongues for how small they are so it's a common thing for that to happen. That's what i was told anyway. :) I think its cute and she is beautiful.
Thank you, she is so sweet, just not the brightest bulb :( We love her anyway :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
If she has teeth missing, that's why her tongue pokes out. :) I'm sure when her teeth come in, it won't happen anymore. She is adorable!!!

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Quigley is having the exact same issues. He is just over 6 months now. I crack up everytime he looks at me with the tip of his tongue hanging out. It just tickles me and he looks so cute. So Clara Bow is not the only one. Your pups are beautiful!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Stottie has quite an underbite so his tongue is nearly always sticking out.
it's very cute and very endearing and everyone always comments on how funny he looks when we're out and about.
i have to keep an eye on it for him and we put a tiny smear of Vaseline on his tongue end twice a day as it has a tendency to dry out and split if we don't. :(

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I got two that their tongues stick out Freckles as an overbite.And Harry has crooked teeth and I believe he has an overbite or underbite.But I think it makes them even more cute.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts