Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you use to clean your chis ears and also do you go deep inside?...I'm so scare to go in deep .....thanks..

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
i get my bf to clean dexter's ears. we just use a a mix of rubbing alcohol and water. mostly water though and a q-tip, atleast 2

and no going really deep inside. just around the parts u can see with ur naked eye. even for humans ur not supposed to go all the way inside the ear or it causes infections

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
It depends on how dirty they are, usually I use a baby wipe, wrap it around my finger and then wipe out. If they are really dirty I use an ear cleanser from the Vet, squirt in their ears, massage the base, let them shake it out then wipe with a cotton ball or a baby wipe.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honeys ears dont really get dirty but if they do I just wipe them out with a face washer when she is in the bath, but I never go deep

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I have just the thing lotus has an ear infection ATM so I had to clean them out my vey was well impressed

1 tea spoon olive oil, 1 drop tea tree, 2 lavender fill up ears and massage base of ears wipe out and they'll shake the rest out

It will clean the wax out so don't do it too often as they need some wax in their ears

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I just use cotton pads with luke warm water.
I do it quite often so they are always nice and clean.
I never go deep into them, just as far as the eye can see.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
We've never needed to give a good clean as the pups have super clean ears so far. If they have "spots" of ickies we just wipe (or pick) it out. I like Sarah's olive oil idea though & will probably use that if we ever need a good, deep cleaning.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I just use a cotton ball if needed and wipe them out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts