Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about cloning dogs and keeping the top purest of the pure breed dogs DNA for future cloning.

my opinion is that we are playing god and we are digging a hole that we someday will regret digging.

there are cows and sheep that are being cloned right now for meat and they are being sold in stores. they have to put "cloned animals" on the front of the package. this is good I wouldn't want to eat cloned meat.

there is no evidance of people being cloned but you never know. what do you think. we have the know how to do it and we have the resorces to do it.
don't you think we have already done it or not?

http://thefarnsworths.com/science/cloning.htm

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Very interesting question. Should be some interesting conversation. Morally I think it's despicable for the same reason you do, the playing God aspect. Secularly speaking it's just another way for only the rich to have the best; i.e. the $4000 cats. The average person and certainly the poor would not be able to have/afford the cloned animals, since they would be the cream of the crop. I personally wouldn't want one, nor would I want to eat cloned beef.

Human cloning? That's hard to say. I certainly don't think the government or anything they are involved in or funding is above it. Whether or not they have actually done it or not? That's something else. I just don't know.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I agree with cloning to an extent. It's potential to save lives is phenomenal (imagine being able to clone an organ that is a perfect match for people in desperate need ... like heart, liver, even blood transplants, etc.). I think that's great, to clone the person's own organs to save their life. However I don't think it's right to recreate an entire living organism. In one respect it's just specifically selecting the dna you want to use to build an organism, however the problem is a lot of people will want to use it for the wrong reasons (replacing a lost pet, and things like that). That I don't agree with. A pet shouldn't be a replacement. I think a lot of things that are going on in the world right now are just to show that we can do it ... and I don't agree with that. In a way it is playing God. If it's used for the right things I think it can be great, although knowing the way the world is, it most certainly won't be used for the right things =/

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I actually just read a book on cloning people for organ matches. It's by Jodi Picoult if anybody is interested. VERY good read.

I have to say that in that sort of instance, I would seriously consider it if it were my child needing organs. As for animals, well I just think that it's a sign of the times. I don't think I'd be against eating meat from a cloned animal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts