Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

My girl Frida is, of course, a gorgeous girl ;), but she has a funny shape to her and lots of clothes don't fit. She is 8 pounds, has a deep chest, small waist, and a long back, so anything with legs doesn't fit, and lots of tops hang loose around her belly. She also has lots of wrinkly skin around her neck, so many collars dig into that, or ruck up around there. She's very muscular, lol! We've had to return anything we've gotten at PetCo/Petsmart due to shape issues.

She fits into American Apparel size small t-shirts when we stretch out the neck with our hands and don't mind a bit of hanging around the belly, she also fits into their hoodies. We're worried because she's going to need more clothes for winter, and nothing fits!

Any suggestions? Pics:

Her in a tshirt:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Yeah, I second that suggestion. A lot of online retailers (etsy has many) do custom-made dog clothes based on measurements you send in. I do that same for my Italian Greyhounds, as we have the same problem. Deep chest, long legs, narrow body... most pre-made dog clothes just don't work with their proportions.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
There are also sellers on Etsy who will make custom sizes. I bought a custom hoodie for Lady from Little Dog Fashions on Etsy. The woman who owns the shop has been great to work with. I highly recommend the shop and they have some cute designs.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'm with the others; definitely take some good measurements and look around for some custom options. One of my Chihuahuas, Zofia, is a bit misshapen due to an accident she had at a young age; and while she can pull of tiny cute dresses that aren't meant to conform to her body, most clothes look weird on her, bless her heart. Fortunately there are a lot of talented seamstresses out there! =) Good luck!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Custom clothes! There are a lot of custom clothes available on Etsy, Ebay, and even some of the couture clothing shops online will custom make things if you contact them directly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts