Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just adopted a 9 week old chihuahua puppy this past weekend... I was wondering what exactly her coat color would be called. She's dark (looks black) and what appears to be white but she also has white/silver hairs all throughout the black/grey fur on her back... I've seen the black and brown chis but never a chi colored like she is and i'm curious if y'all think her body color will even out and darken like the stripe down her back :confused: This is not my first Chi but the first i've seen in her colors, she reminds me of a little husky.

·
Registered
117 Posts
my black chi was like that, her dad was a show dog and had a chocolate/white coat similair to that, and she's got black and white just on her head like her dad had. She's outgrown it now though, all black these days. Maybe one or two white hairs still remain.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure as she grows she will look more black. She is so cute!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My friend has a 8 month old Husky, Loba, your Lola looks exactly like her!
She is beautiful. I'm a sucker for the dogs with 'eyebrows'.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
What a precious one! Congrats!

The pics make it difficult to tell her color. Do you have larger pics or at different angles?

She could be a black and tan or a blue and tan or even a black and silver. The silver/gray hairs mixed in make me wonder.

Your baby has the classic look often referred to as Irish markings. The triangles in an opposing color near the eyebrows as well as a color splash on the chest and legs. Eden, in my signature, has that as well as MANY others here.

Is her nose an ink black or is it more gray or lighter black?

Here is the listing of AKC recognized colors and markings, just for your reference:
American Kennel Club - Breed Colors and Markings

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jesuschick Thank you : ) Her nose is ink black. You can click on the photos I posted to make them larger, if they're not large enough I can e-mail them to you maybe? I only have my iphone to take photos so they wont be super big but bigger than what photobucket hosts.

What color is your Eden? She looks very similar to Lola from what I can tell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Real Deal Mini-Husky ; )

Thank you everyone for the comments!

And for those of you who say she looks like a mini husky (totally agree) here is a photo of her with our mini-husky (Alaskan Klee Kai) :eek:

Lola & Xiion

^ click for larger version ^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Bianca00 He is 11 weeks & 7pounds right now... He is supposed to max out around the 15lb range.

Here is a photo of mom and dad both hold grand champion titles so **fingers crossed** little Xiion will follow in mommy and daddy's footsteps.

^Mom^

^Dad^

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow, they look beautiful together! I love Alaskan Klee Kai, he looks stunning!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
glyndwr Thank you :D

Sky Thank you : ) That's awesome you are familiar with the breed, not very many are... We have seen 2 different vets with him and neither of them had even heard of the breed and thought he was an Alaskan Malamute even after I filled out the paper work as "Breed: Alaskan Klee Kai" :rolleyes: He's a great little dog but I love my chi's more ;) He is my husbands dog, I got him for him this Christmas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts