Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal? I just noticed freddie doing it for the first time. It was inside his potty tray, but im worried he'll now start marking things.. I'd read that they usually don't start cocking their legs until 6-7 months! And my plan was to have him neutered at 6 months (earliest the vets will do it), before he started, as i live in an apartment..

He's also humping his bed quite a lot.. Should i stop him or just leave him to it?

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Jasper is 14 weeks and he started lifting his leg this weekend too. He also humps his sister whilst playing, it isn't sexual at this age so don't worry about it.
I have an adult male (not neutered) who lifts his leg to pee but doesn't mark in the house, so the two don't necessarily go hand in hand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My dogs started to cock their legs at about 4 months old. We had them neutered at 7 months. They did start marking shortly after they started cocking their legs - maybe around 5 months old. It was a struggle during the 2 months until they were neutered. Things are much, much better now two months after neutering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts