Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the time is getting closer. we are going pick up coco on friday. i can't wait. i have the crate, toys, puppy pads, and a few blankets. i will get a collar/harness/leash before friday. i just know that i am forgetting something. please help....

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
food, nutrical, water and food bowls, if it's chilly a sweater, carrier if you will be taking her places with you.....

i bet your soooo excited!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Do you have food and water bowls? A Collar and Harness may be something that you might wait to buy until you have your Chi, unless you are sure about what size you'll need. It sounds like you've got the basics covered and you can always buy other things as you see a need for them. The book Chihuahuas for Dummies would be a good investment, as a lot of us here on the forum have found. Or borrow it from your library. What an exciting time for you, knowing that your furbaby is coming home to live with you in just a few days!:)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Awww arent you lucky...i still have to wait over a month for my chi to come home...good for you :p ..did you get him 2 doggiebowls?...brush,nailclipper,toothbrush,shampoo,doggiebed,of course puppiefood and also get him nitrical from the petstore to keep the bloodsugar level in case the puppie doesent get enough calories (the condition is called hypoglycimia ,look for a good vet ,how about an id tag ?they make those at the petstore,well you still have time fot that,well cant think of nothing else right now hope i was some help,you just have funand enjoy your new addition..lucky you :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Don't you know the first thing you should buy is a T-shirt or a sweater? Your chi will be naked! :shock: Just kidding, I cringe when Kristin makes our dogs wear clothes to be manly, but deep down I think it's cute.

Other things that haven't been mentioned you don't want to forget:

1. Nature's Miracle/Oxiclean (you will thank me)
2. Simple Green (to use as non-toxic household cleaner)
3. Doggy blankets (3 for $9 fleece blankets at Target are great)
4. Lint Roller
5. Baby Gate (for pee-pee pad training) - the kind with only vertical slats

Good luck and have fun with your little baby! You know the rule - post pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts